Strange gas noise and pulsating pressure - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2011, 09:49 PM   #1

Name: Martin
Trailer: Trillium 4500 1977
Quebec
Registry
Strange gas noise and pulsating pressure

Hi,
Last week, I noticed a strange pulsating noise I could hear from my brand new gas regulator instead of a continuous whisper. I had also noticed the stovetop burners were burning with a variable pressure that made the flame to shrink slightly and expand following a similar pulse I could hear on the gas regulator.

After inspection of the gas lines, I found out the lowest portion of my gas lines under the floor had accumulated enough black and oily water ( probably from condensation buildup in the LP gas tanks) and gas supply had to get trough this point, bubble by bubble. As soon as I flushed the lines with compressed air, normal near silent operation resumed.

Sometimes, sleeping on a problem provide an unexpected solution to a weird symptom.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:11 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
I've had that strange gas noise and pulsating pressure too, but a trip to the rest room took care of it. Sorry, couldn't resist.... ...I'm sure your solution will be useful to others; not so sure about mine.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:29 AM   #3

Quebec
Registry
Noisy gas line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
I've had that strange gas noise and pulsating pressure too, but a trip to the rest room took care of it. Sorry, couldn't resist.... ...I'm sure your solution will be useful to others; not so sure about mine.
I did not expect to find that much water into my gas lines either ... If it occured to me, someone else may end up with similar weird noises in RV guts. In the process of swapping a new fridge and reinstalling a gas furnace, I found this strange symtom very very strange and hard to pinpoint.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:30 AM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Umm... I was just joking with a double entendre about human internal plumbing. Not to take anything away from the potential value of your informational post. I guess my attempt at humor went over like a lead balloon....
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #5

Trailer: Trillium Jubilee
Send a message via MSN to Bill Reilly
Humour in response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Umm... I was just joking with a double entendre about human internal plumbing. Not to take anything away from the potential value of your informational post. I guess my attempt at humor went over like a lead balloon....
Mike

It was a good opening that someone had to act upon. I thought the response was hilarious ! I wonder how many of our members felt the same way and just didn't know how to put it in words ! Heaven only knows how many times I've felt like that propane system !

Bill Reilly
Bill Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:15 PM   #6

Quebec
Registry
Wink Strange gas noise and pulsating pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Reilly View Post
Mike(...)I thought the response was hilarious ! (...) Heaven only knows how many times I've felt like that propane system !
Bill Reilly
Don't worry Bill and Mike, I must have been too tired to get the intended pun in time... in fact, I should have cought this one ... you just could not tell I'm really a health professional, not a plumber. Maybe I was the victim of my French accent too.