Strong odor - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2020, 08:56 PM   #21

Name: Ray
Trailer: scamp
Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Watch this with a glass of scotch on the rocks.
Didn't really surprise me. And I already had expected the "just use water and soak it" theory. Now I would say that a tank with a inch or two of water while driving normally with a trailer would do some good. Trucks kind of expect to have people in them when they are moving and so are designed to make the people happy. ;-) And trailers are not supposed to have people in them so they don't worry. So they do get a slightly "crazier" ride.

Now I know that I have a situation where I can dump when home and have had some build up that I noticed. Putting a couple inches of my potable water in the black water tank and some dish soap (He did skip the dish soap) and drive normally for 8 hours home and then let it sit till morning when I start dealing with the fact I am home with the camper and the water that comes out is pretty dirty, and when I look the buildup is gone. I think the only reason I would use ice is if I had left over and was disposing of it.
computerspook is offline   Reply With Quote