Suburban NT-12 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2007, 09:09 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler 1700
Hello

I have a 79 Boler 1700 SGH. I pulled out the furnace. The electronic portion seems fine, but the pilot wont light.

I am looking for a reputable repair shop in the Abbotsford, BC area. I am willing to travel the lower mainland.

Thanks

Jay
Jason D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Welcome to the Omelet Mix Jason, sounds like MAYBE the thermo-coupler is gone south on ya. Almost any decent r/v dealership in the lower mainland would be able to fix ya up and foutunately MOST of them all seem to be on the south side of the Fraser. I wouldn't want to name names (of dealers) for fear of being thought of as bias, but a quick look in the Yeller Pages should point ya in the right direction and just FYI:
....our area has a group that meets 2 times a year at The Fort Campground in Ft.Langley. Next meet is coming up in May, the weekend before the long weekend, can you come have a look see if not come camp with us????
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:55 AM   #3

Thanks for the info...I wasnt sure if I should go to an RV dealer or to a furnace shop.

The meet is definitely something we are interested in...right now I am in the process of updating the Boler. I have the dinette, gaucho and old lino removed, and I am currently sorting out some minor electrical issues.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:12 AM   #4

Registry
just a quick note Jason, some people bring their trailers to these events 'in progress'.

Its a great way to get ideas and insight(s) into trailer re-do issues.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Welcome to the Omelet Mix Jason, sounds like MAYBE the thermo-coupler is gone south on ya. Almost any decent r/v dealership in the lower mainland would be able to fix ya up and foutunately MOST of them all seem to be on the south side of the Fraser.

Thanks Doug... I replace the thermocouple for 20 bucks and now the furnace works like a charm. Also, my plans now are to attend in May... Is there a source for more info? When should I book a spot?

Thanks
Old 12-23-2007, 03:46 PM   #6

Registry
...Jason, go to:
"Rallies, Get Togethers, Moulded Meets" open it and go to the thread: Glass Egg Meet in Fort Langley.

In there is a link to our past events (pictures, we all love pictures!!) and thats where any upcoming info will be posted by (The Big Boss, Craig) or someone else in our group.

Looking forward to meeting you there and hopefully you won't need to 'demo' your heater repair....
Old 12-23-2007, 11:44 PM   #7

Thanks again for the info......we definitely will be ready to camp by then! I will watch for registration.

I have the dinette removed, along with the side gaucho, and the old linoleum torn up. Now that the furnace works, I plan on rebuilding the benches and other updates.

Lots to do in the next few months!
Old 12-24-2007, 07:34 PM   #8

Registry
Well, in THAT CASE......