Suggestions for RV Repair person in Fresno, CA - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2018, 09:42 PM   #1

Name: Jane
Trailer: Land and Sea
California
Suggestions for RV Repair person in Fresno, CA

I want to hire someone to do some minor repairs on my Land and Sea small fiberglass trailer. Any suggestions?
Jane LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:39 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane LH View Post
I want to hire someone to do some minor repairs on my Land and Sea small fiberglass trailer. Any suggestions?
Try local boat repair shops.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:01 PM   #3

California
Thank you. I did call one that specializes in fiberglass, but given the minor repairs needed, he suggested I find a handyman to save money.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:49 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Do you need fiberglass work or someone to look at and repair the systems... propane, electrics, etc?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:20 AM   #5

California
Suggestions for Repair in Fresno

I need the bottom repaired. The water tank leaked without mey being aware of it an rotted out the wood beneath it. Also, I need a window replaced, and some work to make the door seal better.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:03 AM   #6

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
Some here tackle fiberglass repair and window replacements themselves. I might, I am not sure.

In locating a handyman, I think previous experience matters. I bet you could find threads here detailing both topics. If you search YouTube, there's likely a dozen videos on each topic. Still, there's plenty of tasks I could do myself but choose not to.

My final suggestion would be to check with a vocational school or community college. Maybe figure out something they need.
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:34 AM   #7

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
careful

I would be oh so careful I am thinking a local camping club might help you out with someone.

do you have a carpenter friend who could do it? some of those guys can do anything a camper for the most part is not that big a deal!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:17 AM   #8

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Repair in fresno

Jane, I have a guy in Fresno, I'm hopefully going to see him tomorrow. I will be calling him today. He has worked at Garages and RV dealerships. I will get John's phone number when I am back in Fresno today. David in Sonora and Fresno
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:57 PM   #9

Name: Roger
Trailer: Trails West Campster andTeardrop American
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane LH View Post
Hi
Try Saylor's Trailers in my hometown of Dinuba. Dinuba is about 30 miles southeast of you and due east of Selma ... sort of. I met Chip at a trailer rally in Plymouth last year and seems to be a nice guy.

Chip Saylor
1971 Violet Lane
Dinuba, Ca 93618
559 287 9568
chiphatesmail@yahoo.com

Let me know how it works out.

Roger (rwilhelm)
rwilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:42 PM   #10

Thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilhelm View Post
Hi
Try Saylor's Trailers in my hometown of Dinuba. Dinuba is about 30 miles southeast of you and due east of Selma ... sort of. I met Chip at a trailer rally in Plymouth last year and seems to be a nice guy.

Chip Saylor
1971 Violet Lane
Dinuba, Ca 93618
559 287 9568
chiphatesmail@yahoo.com

Let me know how it works out.

Roger (rwilhelm)
--------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, Roger ! I hope Jane sees this and calls Chip. With the heavy rain I am not getting out of Sonora on time. I have to make sure I have everything because Julie and I are leaving from Fresno for the desert and the Colorado River in 2 days. I bet you are getting a lot of rain today, we are but we are still only half of normal. BTW, Dinuba is a very nice little town. ( I taught in nearby Parlier for 34 years ! )
Was the Plymouth Trailer group where you met Chip the Vintage Trailer gathering ? I was there, It was a great group of vintage trailers. Sorry I missed you. Happy Trails ! David in Sonora and hopefully soon, Fresno !
Old 03-22-2018, 01:54 PM   #11

PM

Jane, check your private messages. I sent you John McCabe's phone number. Please keep the group up to date on how you are doing on this project ! Good luck, and Happy Trails ! David in Fresno and Sonora
Old 03-22-2018, 02:02 PM   #12

Name: Roger
Trailer: Trails West Campster andTeardrop American
California
Registry
Thank you. I grew up in Dinuba. It's quite a bit different than it was then. I imagine Parlier is much bigger too. My mom was from Reedley and dad was from Sanger.
Rained really hard last nite, but it has abated. Supposed to snow again this weekend. Whoopie, but you're right. Need the water.
Yes, it was at Trailerfest 2. I will be there again this year as well as Trailerfest in Lodi this May. I will look for you in both places.
Happy (desert) Trails n Comfy Camping!
PS teardrop is still avalable. Need to make room in the garage for Hampster the Campster
rwilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 11:28 AM   #13

California
Thank you for the help.