SUV Awning for Casita? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2019, 11:58 PM   #1

Name: Lisa
Trailer: 1990 Casita
Colorado
SUV Awning for Casita?

Hi all! I’ve always wanted an awning on my Casita and started looking around for hack ideas to add some shade. I saw this video on YouTube explaining how this Casita owner used a KingCamp SUV awning with his Casita. Has anyone has tried this or something similar? I looked up KingCamp awnings on Amazon to see reviews and there are none, which makes me suspicious.

Curious about your experience with this or other awning hacks. (Note: I want to carry something small that doesn’t take up too much space so an ez-up isn’t ideal.)
Coznells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 09:20 AM   #2

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Lisa
Welcome to the forum. One common solution to your need is a so=called bag awning. Take a look at these.
https://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/campout/
https://www.rvpartscountry.com/AE-Tr...ag-Awning.html
Bag Awnings | ShadeMaker Products Corp.

And good luck with your project.
My first two fiberglass trailers were early Casitas sans awnings and I never thought I'd want one. Now I wouldn't do without.

Walt
Old 04-13-2019, 10:34 AM   #3

Name: Lisa
Trailer: 1990 Casita
Colorado
Thanks, Walt! I appreciate it and will investigate that. The Casita is coming to a festival with me and an awning will be great.

This is my second post in here—the first was advice on a purchase about 5 years ago. I love my Casita and am glad you are here for help. ❤️
Coznells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 10:54 AM   #4

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
And there are several KingCamp awnings on this page, some with quite a few reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=kingcamp+...l_83zpsyvtdl_e

Walt
Old 04-13-2019, 10:59 AM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Shady Boy is my favorite attached awning. Reasonable cost, compact size, light weight, mechanically simple, wind resistant, sheds water, and self-storing (nothing laying around inside the trailer). I like how you can remove the fabric and poles for long-term storage, so you don't have to worry about mildew inside the case.

For now we use our First-Up. But when the kids are grown and we do longer trips, I plan to install a Shady Boy.

Shady Boy Trailer Awnings – Parts Made in USA – Assembled in Canada – Wolf Design
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, casita