To further explain CindyL's posting above, I started with my multimeter this morning and checked many connections in the front battery/propane compartment. Everything had power. Knowing my tow was OK, I decided to look between the tow and the trailer...the power cord. This was the original cord that came with the trailer and it had many taped up areas. Since the brakes had previously worked, I didn't think that it would turn out to be the cord, but sure enough. On further inspection, one of the taped areas had a razor slice through the layers of tape, so I removed the old tape. Underneath I found the white and blue wires had insulation missing and corroded wire. Long story short, I cut the cord at that point (closest taping to the battery
compartment) and spliced in a new 6' cord with the plug already installed. Voila! Everything works.
So, we had all new brake assemblies installed and much of the old wiring underneath replaced by the dealer. That needed to be done. My repair today finishes the job (which we wish they had thought to check). On to camping!