T moulding install. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2019, 09:26 AM   #1

Name: Menno
Trailer: Boler/ trillium/cadet
Alberta
T moulding install.

Earlier this fall I bought T moulding fro Paul Numeister, I am ready to install this new moulding, but man what a pain, it is not easy.

Anyone have any tricks by how to install this T moulding in the old original track? I have used soap, warm the moulding, but there has to be a trick I would think.
Menno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:59 AM   #2

Name: RJ
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13'
North Carolina
You might try this:
First, make sure all track surfaces are clean from old moulding.
Then, cut new T moulding longer than needed (It Will Shrink in time), 1/4 -1/2 inch extra per foot.
Then put into a bucket of very, very hot, and quite soapy water for a few minutes… the hotter the better, but not boiling.
Then, working fast before it even begins to cool, slide it into the track and force it in as you go... Remember, it's longer and you have to fit it all in.
As you get to the end continue forcing it until it’s all in place. As you near the end, if it begins to "bubble out" of the track, try forcing even more first. If that doesn't work, cut some of it off.
Using this method, as it shrinks, and it will, it won’t leave any unsightly gaps.
RJnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 11:41 AM   #3

Name: Eva
Trailer: 1973 Trillium
Ontario
I also purchased t molding from Paul for my 1973 Trillium. Not sure whether my tracks had shrunk over the years, but I could not force t mo!ding into the track so I to cut off the "bulb" end along the entire length, then secure it with a bead of ProFlex rv and then apply pressure until it dried...it was a lot of work, but seems to hold well one year later and looks good. Also a previous owner had removed some of the tracks so I was able to ProFlex/glue in between adjacent sheets of ensolite.
Trailereva is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium