T strip on ceiling of Trllium Trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2021, 04:37 PM   #1

Name: Ann
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
T strip on ceiling of Trllium Trailer

I have recently purchased a replacement kit of T-strip for the ceiling of my 74 Trillium. It is not fitting into the slot that that is between the ensolite panels and I'm pretty frustrated trying to fit the new strips into that old slot. I wondered if anyone out there has had experience with this and can offer advice. Maybe it comes down to just glueing the strips in place??
Any thoughts?
thanks
Ann
hixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 05:13 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by hixon View Post
I have recently purchased a replacement kit of T-strip for the ceiling of my 74 Trillium. It is not fitting into the slot that that is between the ensolite panels and I'm pretty frustrated trying to fit the new strips into that old slot. I wondered if anyone out there has had experience with this and can offer advice. Maybe it comes down to just glueing the strips in place??
Any thoughts?
thanks
Ann
I wanted to put the t molding back on the ceiling of my 17 ft boler were the PO took it off and caulked so I cut a groove into the caulk and glued the t molding back with pl premium x8 and then recaulked any small gaps and painted looks to be a permanent fix . I also used a more ridged t mold so that it would not crinkle again.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 07:43 PM   #3

Name: Ann
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
T strip on ceiling

Thanks for that tip. I do still have the original strip on the ceiling for the T strip to be inserted into. The problem seems to be that the new T strip is way more rigid and not as pliable as the original strip. I also have a sense that the actual leg of the T strip is incementaly wider than the female component that is on the ceiling.
Anyhoo, maybe the answer is adhesive after all.
thanks for your comment.
Ann
hixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:30 AM   #4

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
heating in hot water before installing makes it way more pliable, if you search t molding on this site, you will find a thread about a current supplier of the correct type

Joe
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 09:35 AM   #5

Name: Curt
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Alberta
Registry
T-Strip Issues

I'm sorry that you are having issues with your T-strip package. Unfortunately the track that the t-strip fits into can get damaged, and I found that (likely) because of this, heating up and reinstalling the old t-strip never lasted for more than a few months.

This is why I replaced our t-strip with acrylic caulk and painted the Ensolite surfaces. I found this to be a much better solution to the missing/damaged t-strips.

Unfortunately, you have now paid for the replacement strips. Can they be returned?

Check out my video on caulking and painting the Ensolite here:

Curt
Capn.Curt.Wiebe is offline   Reply With Quote