T.V. Antenna Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2007, 07:19 PM   #1

Trailer: 2003 16 ft Scamp
Long story short: Old antenna (amped, etc) was Delta (Braund/Barker). Snatched off by (unseen) low hanging wire. Previously mounted on "street-side" rear of '03 Scamp 16'. Have ordered from Scamp what they're currently intalling for amped antenna. (Delta no longer in production). Not rec'd yet but I understand it's some type of "boomerang" to be mounted in front of AC. My thinking was if it's good enough for Scamp, it's OK with me.) Any advice for mounting, warnings, or other useful info will be greatly appreciated. It's ordered, but not rec'd, yet, so I need any help or advice re: antenna, installation, or general comments. Thanks !!!
(Note to self: look right, left, down, and UP while backing trailer.)
jhornsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:33 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Do you have any comparison pictures of the old and new antennas? How are mountings sealed? It may be just me, but I was anxious about adding new holes to my roof that need to be sealed, and possibly leak in the future. I installed a simple antenna (not amplified) that mounts to the side wall, with one support screw through a hole already made by the Fantastic Fan vent. Granted, my solution is not everyone's cup 'o tea.

Good Luck!
Old 09-11-2007, 11:10 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
If anyone is unhappy w/ the factory TV antenna, I might mention I just installed a Winegard Sensar III crank-up, rotatable, amplified antenna on my Casita 17SD.

The signal is FAR superior to anything else I have tried on the Casita, though mounting it required me to:
1) Shorten the square mast sections a bit (hacksaw worked fine)
2) Mount the antenna at about a 10 degree angle to the longitudinal axis of the trailer (to clear the roof vent and roof A/C)

$99 at Camping World on sale.

Bob
bobinyelm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp