Table bouncing on the floor - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2016, 08:24 PM   #1

Name: Sylvio
Trailer: 1975 Boler
Quebec
Table bouncing on the floor

Took the Boler for a ride today. First time since it came home last December! I wanted to see how it behaved and to see if my transmission was in danger of overheating.

No heat in transmission. The guy sold me a little sticker that tells me if the temperature has gone up or not. He thought he'd sell me a transmission cooler just if I needed one.

I discovered Murphy's law applied to camper trailer: everything that can move will move...

The one thing I don't get is the fact that my table - that's tight between the benches when down - has bounced off its spot twice. The first time, it had slid all the way down to the bottom bunk. The second time, it stayed back but fell off its place and scratched th heck out of the melamine cver and out of the benches support.

I need to mention that the cushions were not on and that there wasn't any weight on it.

Thanks!
Uncle Cereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:01 PM   #2

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Cereal View Post
Took the Boler for a ride today. First time since it came home last December! I wanted to see how it behaved and to see if my transmission was in danger of overheating.

No heat in transmission. The guy sold me a little sticker that tells me if the temperature has gone up or not. He thought he'd sell me a transmission cooler just if I needed one.

I discovered Murphy's law applied to camper trailer: everything that can move will move...

The one thing I don't get is the fact that my table - that's tight between the benches when down - has bounced off its spot twice. The first time, it had slid all the way down to the bottom bunk. The second time, it stayed back but fell off its place and scratched th heck out of the melamine cver and out of the benches support.

I need to mention that the cushions were not on and that there wasn't any weight on it.

Thanks!
I think you answered your own question. We always travel with the table in the down position with cushions snugly in place and bedding on top. We put the "banana" cushion crosswise at the front edge, place a lightweight tarp and our 3 camp chairs on top. Our table has always stayed in place.
Attached Thumbnails
SCAMP Interior October 2011 043.jpg  
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:53 AM   #3

Name: Robert
Trailer: Surf-Side
Manitoba
It would seem that you do not have the original table mounting system , as you can see in Gilda's picture the table is attached to the wall and can not go anywhere when in the down position.
Bob in Mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:07 PM   #4

Name: Howard and Kim
Trailer: Escape 17B:former Scamp 13
California
I have the 13' with the wider bed and the extension bounces out during travel. I put Velcro on the edges of the extension and on the lip of the dinette (soft side here). It hasn't popped out since.
hrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:57 AM   #5

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Cereal View Post
If you were traveling empty, you might have a bit more bounce. Try a run with some weight in the trailer. My thoughts are to check the torsion axle for movement etc. My bounce problems diminished with a new axle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Mb View Post
It would seem that you do not have the original table mounting system , as you can see in Gilda's picture the table is attached to the wall and can not go anywhere when in the down position.
Early bolers had a different system for mounting the table. It worked on the same principle as a slot wall. With the table down there was no connection to the back wall.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 07:26 AM   #6

Name: Sylvio
Trailer: 1975 Boler
Quebec
Correct, Roy, this 1975 Boler doesn't have any anchor for the table when it's down.

Thank you everyone for the comments and ideas. We'll make the bed next time and see what happens!
Uncle Cereal is offline   Reply With Quote