Table not attached to wall - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2007, 02:35 PM   #1

Trailer: Surfside 1978
We have a 78 Surfside. The table that came with it is obviously not original as it has folding legs, like the kind of table you would see at a garage sale to display items. It's very awkward to get in and out of the rear seats, as it's quite a tight squeeze. i see that almost all of the FG trailers with this seating arrangement have tables which hook into the wall and have one thin leg holding it up at the front, or the type of table that has a base that looks like the round part in the middle of the table "screws" into it or something like that. How can I change my table so that it's less awkward? Any ideas? The area of the wall that looks like the table hooked into originally is all covered in ensolite and it almost looks as if it was never like the other FG trailers. Not sure why this one is different?
brenjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:48 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Others have gone the stanchions route

WARNING - CLICK THIS LINK WITH CAUTION!
IT WILL CHANGE YOUR BROWSER SETTINGS.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...mp;#entry232918

Quote:
We have a 78 Surfside. The table that came with it is obviously not original as it has folding legs, like the kind of table you would see at a garage sale to display items. It's very awkward to get in and out of the rear seats, as it's quite a tight squeeze. i see that almost all of the FG trailers with this seating arrangement have tables which hook into the wall and have one thin leg holding it up at the front, or the type of table that has a base that looks like the round part in the middle of the table "screws" into it or something like that. How can I change my table so that it's less awkward? Any ideas? The area of the wall that looks like the table hooked into originally is all covered in ensolite and it almost looks as if it was never like the other FG trailers. Not sure why this one is different?
Moderator's note: Warning added on edit.
Suzanne P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:33 PM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Wow, thanks for that link!
Since we are taking the Scamp apart inside (well mostly anyway) I am now convinced that I must have not only the table w/o the hinges, I also must have it in birch!
Kate Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:33 PM   #4

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Hi Kate,

Looks like my table is making the rounds. I had the original attached to the wall version when I bought the Scamp and didn't personally care for that setup for a number of reasons.
I'll be happy to give you any information you need as to where I bought the aluminum stanchions, etc.
We are very pleased with the way it turned out and it works well too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	table1.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	9172
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 06:05 PM   #5

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
[quote]Hi Kate,

Looks like my table is making the rounds. I had the original attached to the wall version when I bought the Scamp and didn't personally care for that setup for a number of reasons.
I'll be happy to give you any information you need as to where I bought the aluminum stanchions, etc.
We are very pleased with the way it turned out and it works well too.

Attachment 9172

Greg!

Thanks - please do share! How do you take the table off the stancions?
Sorry to seem a bit dense but I am having trouble picturing it.

By the way, we dismantled, cleaned and prepped the inside of the trailer, tomorrow we paint!
Kate Carney is offline   Reply With Quote