tablesize in scamp 5er - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2008, 11:42 AM   #1

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
my table seems to be smaller thats in my 5er. Looks like someone might have made it shorter than the 'standard' table....mine is 35" long and 30wide. Can any of you with the scamp 5er tell me your dimension? i would have to get an extra piece of board 'if" i were to use the table part as a bed... This is nice to be able to scoot into the benches but a little short... If i cut a new board i am assuming its 3/4 inch plywood?
thanks...
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:13 PM   #2

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
Quote:
my table seems to be smaller thats in my 5er. Looks like someone might have made it shorter than the 'standard' table....mine is 35" long and 30wide. Can any of you with the scamp 5er tell me your dimension? i would have to get an extra piece of board 'if" i were to use the table part as a bed... This is nice to be able to scoot into the benches but a little short... If i cut a new board i am assuming its 3/4 inch plywood?
thanks...
Christi, the table length at its deepest points is about an inch shorter than the front edge of the dinette seat platform it rests on when in the down position, it's 5/8" thick, and rests on the notches in the front edge of the dinette seats with about 1/8" of clearance on either side. There are 45-degree angle cuts on either side of the kitchen galley end to allow for some room as diners slide in and out.

Like your previous owner I cut my 5er table down to make it easier to get in and out. We realy like the extra space, and while dinner in the dinette for four is a little cozy, it's still quite doable. We also cut the little rectangles off the rearward ends of the seatback cushions; they were always kind of useless back there, but they make good arm rests when turned 90 degrees. The shortened table and seatback cushions still work well for converting the dinette into a sleeping space for our 18-year-old-son, and Lynne and I drop the table now and then, throw the loft pillows in the back and turn the dinette into a comfortable "lounging" area we can kick back and read in or snuggle while watching a movie (no TV in the loft) without feeling cramped or like we're going to fall out.

If you want to keep the easy-access table size but want the larger sleeping area you might consider cutting one or two easy-to-store 1x3 pine boards to fit in front of the table when its down, tucking the little seatback rectangles at the rearward end and using the pine boards to support the loose ends of the larger seatback cushions toward the front. This would be simple, maintain the easy-access table space and be easy to stow.
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:48 AM   #3

thankyou ... i will measure and see how much to cut a board for the rest of the table. i dont have any future plans of using it for a bed unless i can twist my son arm to go camping with me sometime, but would like to have the spare board around... so 5/8th thick is correct?
ohhhhh cant cut the little wings off....LOL my upolstry is brand new microfiber !! bunks will be done this week
Old 02-18-2008, 01:41 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Quote:
thankyou ... i will measure and see how much to cut a board for the rest of the table. i dont have any future plans of using it for a bed unless i can twist my son arm to go camping with me sometime, but would like to have the spare board around... so 5/8th thick is correct?
ohhhhh cant cut the little wings off....LOL my upolstry is brand new microfiber !! bunks will be done this week
I did the "add reply," and it must have disappeared into the black hole. I'll try this again.

I measured the table in my '07 5er: 30"x30" extra board was 12"x30" and strengthend with two wood strips secured to the underside. 1/2" ply, yes. I don't know if there is a bed size difference between '01 and '07, or btwn standard and delux models. Scamp is good with info if you contact them.
David
David Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:44 PM   #5

I put the table down... and had to get an extra board which was cut to 30 wide and 16 long... so this table that some one else did was cut very short to me... it also 3/4 thick. I will eventually get a newer board and replace the top one of these days.. For now everything is fitting fine..."IF" it has to be made into a bed...
thanks again...

If the formica wasnt on the table i was thinking about doing a 'drop leaf' to the front of the table.......?? might still consider that option too..
Old 02-18-2008, 01:53 PM   #6

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Quote:
I did the "add reply," and it must have disappeared into the black hole. I'll try this again.

I measured the table in my '07 5er: 30"x30" extra board was 12"x30" and strengthend with two wood strips secured to the underside. 1/2" ply, yes. I don't know if there is a bed size difference between '01 and '07, or btwn standard and delux models. Scamp is good with info if you contact them.
David
Oops. Correction. The extra board was 3/4", probably conposit, but I'm sure ply would work.
David
David Craig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp