taking frame off coach 71 boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
Dar

Name: Dar
Trailer: 1971 boler-13 ft
British Columbia
taking frame off coach 71 boler

Hi I am new to this site but have been reading a lot of the threads and have got a lot of information.I am restoring a 71 boler and have it stripped down except I can not get the closet out as glassed in to the door frame.My question is do I have to remove it to get it off the trailer? I have the two screws out from the closet - it is all loose except some place around the closet. thanks for any advice.
Dar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #2

Name: Derek
Trailer: 1973 boler 13', Earlton On
Ontario
Registry
Have a quick look everywhere for bolts. The one that caught me by surprise was in the center of the main floor. It was concealed under some tile that had been put down on the floor. I did not expect to find one here.

In my closet there was a piece of wood on the floor of the closet. Because of rust and weathering, it wasn't obvious what and where the bolts were. In my Boler closet, there were two bolts holding the fiberglass to the frame.

The location of the screws may vary a little. Just follow your way around all of the frame from the inside of the trailer. I found that once I got all the bolts out, the fiberglass came free from the frame very easily.
glamourpets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
Dar

British Columbia
I have the trailer all loose and will lift except for the closet area and I have taken out the two screws there but must be more.Did you remove the closet ?As mine is glassed to the door frame-would have to cut it out and hope not to do that .
Dar
Old 09-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #4
Dar

British Columbia
Got the coach and trailer apart today - there was five more bolts in the closet - wow that made 7 in that little area. - Now to time to lift it off so trailer can go to the sandblaster and then welder for up grades..
Old 09-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar View Post
Got the coach and trailer apart today -.
the rest will be easy!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #6

Name: Derek
Trailer: 1973 boler 13', Earlton On
Ontario
Registry
It sounds like you got your problem solved. My closet was stapled along the outside doorframe side and had rivets elsewhere. I did remove the closet, and it made the job much easier.

I wonder why they put so many bolts into the closet area. That's weird. Be this a lesson to anyone who plans to remove the egg from the frame: The location of the bolts may be quite random.
glamourpets is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler