Television mounting - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #1

Name: Richard
Trailer: Scamp 16 deluxe
Wisconsin
Television mounting

Have just picked up a 16 scamp deluxe and have a tv hanger. Does anyone travel with the tv hanging and how do you secure it. Suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Dick Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:46 PM   #2

Name: Francis
Trailer: 1995 Scamp 16' Deluxe
Washington
I have mounted a 22" Visio flat screen http://www.vizio.com/m220mv.html
to the street side cabinet with a swing arm mount. It is secured with a nylon web strap for traveling.
fwickeham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:23 PM   #3

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
We always take ours down and cushion it with the bed covers.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:41 AM   #4

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Without knowing what exactly your "TV Hanger" is and does it is sort of tough to say for that one.
I use an Omni-Mount flip down mount and leave the TV hanging all the time.
I also have a fairly new lighter TV and they are getting lighter every day.

This has been discussed here over and over and I would search for the posts before deciding factoring in the weight of your specific TV and function of your mount and its installation.
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:22 AM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
I have a 16" flat screen thats easy to unclip from the hanger so I take it down when traveling - if the bed is made up I just put it under the covers when traveling - otherwise I have a padded bag I made to store it in and put under the table when traveling.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #6

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking Where there's a will, there's a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Johnson View Post
Does anyone travel with the tv hanging and how do you secure it.
Probably not what you expected, but I travel with my old Cathode-Ray-Tube 13" TV/VCR hanging. No mishaps in the 6 years I've had it this way.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dinette.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	33426
This is an old photo. It used to pivot around on that mount, but I ran Flat Flexible Uninsulated Ground Strap (that I had left-over from a job) from the back of the mount to each window frame on either side of the TV. Makes for a springy tether to hold it in the diagonal position. The strap over the top of the TV (part of the hanging mount) holds the set secure on the shelf.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #7

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
I have a 13" flat screen mounted on a swivel bracket under the rear left side of the cabinet and when i travel i swing it up to meet it flat faced to the bottom side of the cabinet then put a small towel between the cabinet and the television and secure it with a rubber bungie across the bottom edge of the television....
trailer is stored right now with the television out or i would supply a picture.
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:54 PM   #8

Trailer: 74 Boler 13 ft / 97 Ford Aerostar
Registry
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Johnson View Post
Have just picked up a 16 scamp deluxe and have a tv hanger. Does anyone travel with the tv hanging and how do you secure it. Suggestions are greatly appreciated.
We mounted our 19” flat screen TV with a mount from under the cupboard over top of the sink in our Boler. In order to make sure it was supported and would not bounce, I installed a metal U-channel bar fashioned from a metal shelf support under the TV, from the centre conduit pole to the back side window frame. This held the TV firmly in place and also took the (very minor) weight off the bottom of the cupboard. We had no problems with it at all.

I had a thread which described that process here: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f56/reno-s-gone-wild-exterior-access-doors-42298.html#post211656

Rick G
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #9

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Inexpensive TV Mount

We mount our flat screen LCD in the passenger's side rear corner. We hang it from a piece of coat hanger.

The coat hanger runs between the wall and the back of the cabinet. In the cabinet the end of the wire is wraped around a pair of pliers so it can't slip down. The visible other end of the wire has a hook bent into it. The back of the TV has a small piece of plywood screwed in to the four holes normally used for an expensive bracket. A small brass hook is mount3ed to the plywood.

When we are driving I simply unhook the TV and lie it face down on the bed, leaving the cable and power cord connected.

It works very well, requires no holes and the white hanger wire is nearly invisible.

Norm
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:11 PM   #10

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
We found this one at Camping World. It holds the TV flat against the side of the kitchen and then will telescope out to face the bed or swing around towards the dinette opposite.

It has a sprung pin with a thumb-pull chain to secure it in place when traveling, in a folded position:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...er-mount/51564
Matt in SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:51 AM   #11

Name: Richard
Trailer: Scamp 16 deluxe
Wisconsin
Thanks for all the replies. It was a help in making the decision.
Dick Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote