The Microwave and Bed, Bath & Beyond - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2008, 08:38 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Casita Liberty Deluxe 17 ft / Honda Odyssey
So we have been carrying out to our Casita for trips our large, old and heavy microwave. Completely filled the microwave space which didn't leave much breathing room, so we decided to buy a new, small, cheap one.

Off we went to Wal Mart, Sears, Lowes, etc. (full list omitted to protect the insane) and we ended up buying a Sharp .8cf, 800 watt at Wally for $55, but returned it after a few days as I decided I wanted a lighted display and the Sharp has an LCD unlit display, bought a simliar Kenmore at Sears (after having them pop popcorn in it) but they showed they had two, but the stock boy said they had none (guess they have legs!), so we got a refund, and finally, after checking the web and using the phone, went to Bed, Bath and Beyond where we bought a similar Sharp in white for $79 - permanent 20% discount = $56. End of story.

Not quite.

While buying it at BBB and talking to the nice people there, we learned something we never knew - BBB has an unlimited return policy! You can return an item with no time limit for any reason for a full refund! (Sears had a 15% restocking fee, should you actually get a physical item.) I asked if people return really old things and the clerk said, with a hint of disapproval, "Oh yes!".

So, a nice insurance policy for the bumps and bounces of Casita travel, although I would probably not return a broken one after one year, but its nice to know there's no 15, 30 or 90 day return period!
Patrick M. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
microwave