Thermostat lockout - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2015, 04:30 PM   #1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Casita
Connecticut
Thermostat lockout

Hi everyone, my thermostat went into lockdown mode and I need some advice on how to reverse it. Thanks
wwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 04:37 PM   #2

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
There are so many thermostats it will be impossible to answer that question without a brand, model number and better yet a picture.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:08 PM   #3

Connecticut
Thermostat lockout

I will get that info. and a photo. I store my trailer at a storage facility. It's a 2014 17 ft Spirit deluxe with the stock thermostat in case someone might have that information.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:18 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Describe what you mean by "lockdown".
There's lots of thing that will keep a furnace from running other than the thermostat. Propane flow, low battery, battery went low while running, not turned completely off when put into storage, just to name a few. I had my stop because of a low battery, I had to make sure the thermostat was turned completely off before anything would happen.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:27 PM   #5

Connecticut
Thermostat lockout

Hey Byron, I believe the thermostat was not shut completely off when I stored the trailer last fall. My battery died within 2 weeks of my last trip. Today I went to the trailer to get it ready for an upcoming trip. Connected the fully charge battery. There is propane in the tanks, I lit the stove to bring gas closer to the furnace. I then turned on the furnace, the fan started and with-in 30-45 seconds I heard the click of the ignitor nothing happened, this sequence happened a second time again nothing. I turned off the thermostat and waited a few minuets then repeated the process with the same results. I tried one more time and this time the fan came on but the ignitor did not fire. I shut everything down returned home and read the Casita manual which states the thermostat will go into a lockout mode as a safety precaution. Just looking to reverse the current situation, it my be a simple as separating the contacts.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:25 PM   #6

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Make sure your battery is fully charged. If the fan motor doesn't run fast enough the furnace won't light. It has to move enough air not just spin.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:02 PM   #7

Trailer: 2000 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
When in lockdown mode, town the thermostat all the way down. If you have an off mode on the thermostat, use it. Leave things turned down for a while; I don't know exactly how long but I would expect 15-20 minutes to be more than enough. Then try again. You may need to cycle the thermostat off and on and let the furnace attempt to light a few more times to purge all the air from the propane line.

If you continue to have trouble, let us know.

-- Dan Meyer
Dan Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:19 PM   #8

Connecticut
Thermostat lockout

Hey Dan, I was back at the trailer today and attempted to light the furnace, again no luck. The fan will go on but there is no spark to ignite the furnace. Yesterday at least we were getting a spark.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:30 PM   #9

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Are you sure the battery is connected correctly and actually good? If its been run down all the way a few times that will shorten is life greatly.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:22 AM   #10

Connecticut
Thermostat lockout

Battery charge was reading 12.59 when I attempted to light the furnace, lights and fan all ok.

Tags
casita