Tire Rim Replacement - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2017, 03:22 PM   #1

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Tire Rim Replacement

I have to replace a tire rim on my Parkliner. How are rims sized? In other words, how do I figure out what to order? The tire is 14".
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:42 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Huck,

Most trailers have an axle and hubs which use what is called a zero-offset rim which centers the wheel over the face of the hub.

Additional to the rim diameter, you will need a width.

Finally, you will also need the correct lug pattern so that the new wheel has the right number of holes at the correct spacing.

It will be something like this: Hub and Bolt Pattern - 5 on 4-1/2" for 1/2" studs.

You could check with Parkliner, wait for answers from other owners here and hope that theirs match yours, look for your (Dexter?) manual for the axle, check on the axle "beam" between the wheels for a label, or take the wheel to a tire shop.

I hope this is helpful.

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:49 PM   #3

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilguy View Post
Huck,

Most trailers have an axle and hubs which use what is called a zero-offset rim which centers the wheel over the face of the hub.

Additional to the rim diameter, you will need a width.

Finally, you will also need the correct lug pattern so that the new wheel has the right number of holes at the correct spacing.

It will be something like this: Hub and Bolt Pattern - 5 on 4-1/2" for 1/2" studs.

You could check with Parkliner, wait for answers from other owners here and hope that theirs match yours, look for your (Dexter?) manual for the axle, check on the axle "beam" between the wheels for a label, or take the wheel to a tire shop.

I hope this is helpful.
I have the Parkliner in the shop right now, so I will ask the mechanic for description or part #. I was hoping the answer was they're standard 14" rims!
Old 10-15-2017, 05:53 PM   #4

Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
I have the Parkliner in the shop right now, so I will ask the mechanic for description or part #. I was hoping the answer was they're standard 14" rims!
On white steel wheels, I think the size is stamped on there. Sorry, I don't have a trailer in the driveway to check.

Old 10-15-2017, 05:56 PM   #5

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
When I was researching Parkliner for a 2015 model I was told 0 offset but negative .5 offset would fit as well giving a bit more fender well clearance. I wanted to get basic steel wheels that would take baby moons and trim rings... That would look cool. Make sure you get trailer rims that are rated for higher pressure and higher weights than a car rim and high pressure valve stems (all metal) that can handle higher pressure. I found them on Etrailer
Old 10-15-2017, 06:18 PM   #6

Puget Sound, WA
Registry
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...2-a-65693.html

Old 10-15-2017, 07:52 PM   #7

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
5 on 4 1/2 is the hub with 0 offset and 1/2 studs was factory back in late 2014 when I was researching. --- Huck - were you at OBX rally last week? I saw a couple Parkliners there but one I did not get to see out in the nosebleed section...
Old 10-16-2017, 04:45 AM   #8

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsedwebt View Post
5 on 4 1/2 is the hub with 0 offset and 1/2 studs was factory back in late 2014 when I was researching. --- Huck - were you at OBX rally last week? I saw a couple Parkliners there but one I did not get to see out in the nosebleed section...
No, but hopefully I will be in Hatteras (Buxton) by tonight.

I bought my Parkliner in early 2014, so that's likely what is on mine.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:55 PM   #9

Name: Tim
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Don't forget to check that you still have the right lugs nuts that will seat properly. I went to a mag wheel and the lug nuts didn't stay seated and came off. Tire went into the body and did a LOT of damage. I would think if you are sticking with steel rims they may still work. Sadly (and obviously) I am no expert.
TimR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 05:12 AM   #10

Virginia
I used my spare tire rim to replace damaged rim and bought a used rim for spare tire. I am on the road and this worked out to be best solution.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:59 AM   #11

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
smart

how do you guys know all this stuff?

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote