Tires and wheels - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2010, 05:14 PM   #1

Trailer: (fiberglass)
Tires and wheels

does anyone know if 15x5 tires & wheels will fit on a 1985 uhaul ct 13 the factory ones are 13x4.5 looks like i would be ok on the width but not sure if it will clear the inside fender well. thanks for your help
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:05 PM   #2

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
They should fit as long as you get tire in a low enough profile to fit in the wheel well. Also your want to make sure that the backspace on the the wheels is the same as the original wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
does anyone know if 15x5 tires & wheels will fit on a 1985 uhaul ct 13 the factory ones are 13x4.5 looks like i would be ok on the width but not sure if it will clear the inside fender well. thanks for your help
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #3

tires and wheels

Thanks for the reply. I may give it a try and see, I just got this U-Haul CT13 and the guy had 2 new wheels inside he was going to us but no tires were mounted and i did not want to spend the money and then they not fit. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Mooyman View Post
They should fit as long as you get tire in a low enough profile to fit in the wheel well. Also your want to make sure that the backspace on the the wheels is the same as the original wheels.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:50 AM   #4

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
Grab a tape measure and compare the differences to your setup with the 13" installed....just go over to a car with the size tire youre thinking of using and measure. Bruce
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:52 PM   #5

I think you will find that the tires will rub, I have tried 14" and it is too close to the fiber glass, the problem is not the height it's the with.
GRMeyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:51 PM   #6

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
The wheel needs room to move so the suspension can work. A static measurement may not tell the whole story.

Regards,

Matt
Old 09-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt in SV View Post
The wheel needs room to move so the suspension can work. A static measurement may not tell the whole story.

Regards,

Matt
Your exactly right, I meant to say that myself, you put a little weight in the trailer and you will see that the clearance gets smaller and smaller.
GRMeyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 04:41 AM   #8

I better keep the 13's

a friend let me take the wheel off his boat trailer which was the same 15x5 i was wanting to put on the camper . It fit fine but was just to close to the top wheelwell to chance it, I had better keep the 13's. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRMeyers View Post
Your exactly right, I meant to say that myself, you put a little weight in the trailer and you will see that the clearance gets smaller and smaller.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:39 PM   #9

Trailer: 1983 Scamp 13 ft Standard
This thread may be of interest to you, I recently had a "tireing" experience with too wide size tires on my Scamp...
ConwayBob

Tags
tires