Toilet to tank seal 711/m28 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #1

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
Toilet to tank seal 711/m28

Little History-Our trailer is a 2003 16' model the toilet was last used in 2003 and the original owner never emptied the black or gray water tanks before we bought it in 2011. It was a big surprise to find them both almost full and sitting that way for eight years. I have emptied them and cleaned them out.
When I went to test the toilet I found it to leak at both the ball seal and toilet to tank seal. I have purchased a new ball seal and was about to buy the toilet to tank seal but held off. I went to Scamps website and found they do not sell the rubber gasket as called for but they sell a standard toilet wax ring. I called Scamp parts and asked about the floor gasket and what the parts man told me is they use a wax ring and throw away the rubber one the comes with the toilet. So the question is has anyone used a wax ring in place of the Dometic seal and do you fill up the cavity on the bottom side of the black ball stand or have you placed the wax ring on the tank and sit the black ball stand and the upper toilet on top of it.
The first pic shows the bottom of the black ball stand and the second pic shows the gasket I removed. I will need to increase the wax ring size to 4 3/4 " to fit the opening. I have formed a new ring around a roll of masking tape that measured the same 4 3/4 . So the next question is do I continue or go buy a new rubber gasket at the RV supply house. Has any one used the wax method.
Attached Thumbnails
toilet flange.jpg   toilet flange 2.jpg  

toilet flange 3.jpg  

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
I think Scamp uses the wax ring under the tank where the outlet goes through the floor. My 2004 had the big black seal between the bowl and black base and the tank. The big black seal fits a lot of the sealand toilets. I found one at a RV store but it came in a kit with brass floor mount bolts. The guy at the RV store converted the seal P/N to a seal kit.
Eddie
http://seacoastservices.com/711-m28-parts-1/
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote