Towing - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2015, 08:50 PM   #1

Name: Ken
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
Towing

Recently purchased a 79-17 foot Boler and would like to know should I have any problems towing it with a 07 Silverado half ton.
Ken Storgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:02 PM   #2

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
One would think not...BUT what does your owners manual say about towing for your vehicle, meaning maximum towing and tongue weight. Some 17'ers get north of 3500 lbs. fully loaded. Here's a list of actual weights.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...rld-43010.html

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:40 PM   #3

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Yep, the first step is to check your truck manual which will give you the tow rating. And if the rating is followed by ** asterics, then find out what they refer to. Usually it will say **when properly equipped (meaning brakes on the trailer and a tow package on the vehicle).
Good for you to have a big boler! Not so many of them around. Be sure to post photos, we'd love to see them
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 11:10 PM   #4

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Storgard View Post
Recently purchased a 79-17 foot Boler and would like to know should I have any problems towing it with a 07 Silverado half ton.
I had over a hundred Chevy trucks in fleet for many years, and while they did keep me in paychecks, I see no reason not to trust yours for towing, provided you've maintained it.

BTW...You don't mention what gear, what engine, what configuration (regular cab to crew cab) or what wheel base, tires or payload package.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 06:28 PM   #5

Name: Ken
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
Thanks for the replies. the truck is your standard extended cab with 3 speed with over drive automatic 4/8 V8. The trailer is approx. 2200. The owner s manual says maximum 7000. It has the tow/haul mode.
Ken Storgard is offline   Reply With Quote