Trailer level and chock - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2007, 04:01 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium
I have seen a trailer level which you back onto. When the trailer is level, you stop and the unit automatically holds this level and chocks the wheel. It kind of cradles the wheel in this process. Does anyone have a website for this level?

Thanks.

-Don
d_wildemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:17 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
I haven't seen something you back onto like that. I use this one. Just slip it under the low side tire and crank it up to level. Trailer's level in no time and not about to move.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:25 PM   #3

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Only ones I've seen that you drive on in use are these blocks, but they don't chock.

Leveling Blocks
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:05 PM   #4

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Could it be this one?

Or this one?
brendadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:27 PM   #5

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Oh! I LIKE the mega leveler! It makes it seem like you could get it exactly where you want it instead of putting up with the 1/2" here or there that you get with the linx levelers.

The chock looks a little scary if you are only needing a slight hieght increase tho. and 41 bucks.. OUCH!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:09 PM   #6

Registry
Quote:
Oh! I LIKE the mega leveler! It makes it seem like you could get it exactly where you want it instead of putting up with the 1/2" here or there that you get with the linx levelers.

The chock looks a little scary if you are only needing a slight hieght increase tho. and 41 bucks.. OUCH!

It looks like it would be pretty hard for one person to manage.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:25 PM   #7

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
The EZ-Jack by itself doesn't act as a chock while being used as a leveler. The Megaleveler is used in combination with a chock, but I don't see why the other one couldn't be used the same way.

I wouldn't describe either one as "cradling" the wheel, so maybe they're not what Don is describing.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:28 PM   #8

Quote:
It looks like it would be pretty hard for one person to manage.
I assume that you would back to the right level, set the tug's parking brake firmly, and assume that the rig would stay put while you put in the chock. This scheme does seem to expect more of the ability of the tug to hold position than a normal leveling block setup.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:41 PM   #9

Registry
Quote:
I assume that you would back to the right level, set the tug's parking brake firmly, and assume that the rig would stay put while you put in the chock. This scheme does seem to expect more of the ability of the tug to hold position than a normal leveling block setup.
I suppose you could put one of the 1" diameter levels on the front of your trailer so could see when it's level from the TV while backing. Then as you say, stomp on the parking brake.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:50 AM   #10

Quote:
I suppose you could put one of the 1" diameter levels on the front of your trailer so could see when it's level from the TV while backing. Then as you say, stomp on the parking brake.
Oh, now I get it... I think Byron's comparing to that cool BAL crank-up leveler that lifts the wheel. Sure, compared to that using the ramp-style things would be tough for one person, but still not as bad as driving onto the leveling blocks which most of us use. I've never had assistance leveling a trailer.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:19 PM   #11

Trailer: Trillium
It was similar to the megaleveler only made from metal (aluminum) and somewhat cheaper I think. Has anyone used the mega leveler?

-Don
d_wildemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 03:54 AM   #12

Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via AIM to Ben Perkins Send a message via Yahoo to Ben Perkins
Just purchased the "Mega Leveler" for $14 at Sportsmans Warehouse. Haven't used it yet. I think it will work just fine.
Ben Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:36 AM   #13

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Most campsites have a level or near-level 'sweet spot' - if you can find it. I mounted a large bubble level on the front stone shield of my UHaul, and watch it in the rearview mirror while I maneuver the trailer. That has always gotten us close enough to level without requiring extra gear.
jack maloney is offline   Reply With Quote