Trailer weight - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2006, 05:54 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp
We have ordered a Scamp 16' Deluxe with the wood interior with nearly all the options that are offerred. A/C, awning, furnace, dual propane tanks, toilet/shower and all the other nice things we could think of. I don't think the factory will be very helpful regarding the weight and I was wondering if anyone out there might have on close to this configuration who has actually weighed the trailer and could tell me how much I might be looking at. I am going to also be buying a tow vehicle and really need to have a comfortable margin of tow capacity for my own piece of mind. Thanks much. I've learned a lot so far by looking at previous postings.

Lee
LLerberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:06 PM   #2

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Hi Lee! Actually the Scamp factory will be VERY helpful in telling you the as-equipped weight of your trailer. They told me that the '02 Custom Deluxe side dinette in honey oak with a front bath I had came in with a dry weight of approximately 2600 lbs. Yours should be similar.

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:37 AM   #3

Quote:
Hi Lee! Actually the Scamp factory will be VERY helpful in telling you the as-equipped weight of your trailer. They told me that the '02 Custom Deluxe side dinette in honey oak with a front bath I had came in with a dry weight of approximately 2600 lbs. Yours should be similar.

Roger
Roger - thanks for your message. That's great to hear and might mean that the choice of the Odyssey will work OK for me if we don't overload the trailer itself with heavy "stuff". Have a good day, Lee
Old 10-24-2006, 12:26 PM   #4

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
Scads of threads about actual, over the road, packed to the gills weights. Try the search function.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:25 AM   #5

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Roger - thanks for your message. That's great to hear and might mean that the choice of the Odyssey will work OK for me if we don't overload the trailer itself with heavy "stuff". Have a good day, Lee
Your Odyssey will work just fine for a Scamp 16, even a custom deluxe loaded to the gills! I think the Odyssey has a towing capacity of 3500 lbs, provided you don't have seats, passengers, gasoline or oil in it. Or something like that...

Seriously, read your owner's manual regarding towing and weights... but I'm sure it'll do you fine. There are lots of Odyssey owners out there towing 16' fiberglass trailers.

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:15 AM   #6

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Hi! We currently have a Scamp 16 standard on order. After seeing a custom deluxe model in person we are going to change our order! I called Scamp about the weight and they told me 2500 # dry. I also found this post on the Yahoo board where the owner actually weighed their 16 deluxe at a scale. They also included a list of options they have on their Scamp as well:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scampers/message/14976

Nancy
Nancy Merigold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 09:12 PM   #7

Nancy - thanks for that information. It was really helpful.

Know anyone towing with a Honda Odyssey?

Lee
Old 10-29-2006, 08:13 PM   #8

Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Always bear in mind that when the rubber meets the road, the unloaded weight of a trailer or tow vehicle is relatively immaterial -- It's the loaded weight that counts and you are only going to get that from a scale.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:13 PM   #9

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Lee - I personally don't know anyone towing a Scamp with an Odyssey. I did find the following post from the Casita forum. It is the last post from KokomoJoe. They tow a 17 ft Casita with their Odyssey.

http://www.casitaclub.com/forums/index.php...=2180&st=30

Nancy
Nancy Merigold is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weighing, weight