Trillium 1300 Back Window - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2019, 04:25 PM   #1

Name: James JR
Trailer: TRILLIUM
Florida
Registry
Trillium 1300 Back Window

Hi,
We have just purchased a 1980 Trillium 1300. We are looking for a replacement rear window.
Previous owner had rigged an AC unit in back window and basically destroyed one side of window.
Will any other manufactures windows retrofit with this Trillium?
Are there used oem windows out there?
Thx all
JR MASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:46 AM   #2

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
Is it a sliding window? Single fixed pane? A picture would be helpful.
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:15 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Trillium 1300 Back Window

Early Trilliums had two banks of jalousies in a single frame. Later units had one side fixed (escape hatch?) and the other side jalousies. Guessing this is the latter, and the fixed pane was removed to install the A/C.

Finding a used original in good condition is very unlikely, so I would work with a glass shop to see if they can fit a replacement pane in the existing frame.

You could retro-fit a modern radius window- jalousies, slider, or whatever- but it would stick out like a sore thumb next to all the vintage jalousies, and you might have to do some fiberglass work to make it fit.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:36 AM   #4

Name: Steven
Trailer: '79 Boler
on Ontario
Registry
I think this company makes custom windows. May be worth checking...
steve67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 11:09 AM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Looks expensive, Steve, but it would be worth it to keep the vintage look.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 01:55 PM   #6

Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Adams View Post
Is it a sliding window? Single fixed pane? A picture would be helpful.
Hi,It was 2 banks of jalouisie's,just got it home,pics too
Old 11-22-2019, 02:11 PM   #7

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
Are the frames for the individual panes for the jalousie window still there? Did the PO remove the entire window? Pictures would really be informative. If all of the frame is there along with most of the hardware, you might be able to rebuild it.
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 03:03 PM   #8

Florida
Registry
Hi,
Main frame is intact,jalouisie frame horizontal pieces are gone jalousie sides that crank up and down where glass slides in are there.Ill send pics soon,I didn't take pics before it I sealed it temporary.
Old 11-22-2019, 03:25 PM   #9

Florida
Registry
Just got couple pics in Gallery section,the second pic shows back window w/ac still in.Thx
Old 11-22-2019, 04:10 PM   #10

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR MASTER View Post
Hi,
We have just purchased a 1980 Trillium 1300. We are looking for a replacement rear window.
Previous owner had rigged an AC unit in back window and basically destroyed one side of window.
Will any other manufactures windows retrofit with this Trillium?
Are there used oem windows out there?
Thx all
Nope. Go to a good glass shop and have them repair what you have. Can-o-worms if you try to replace. And the original had a nice jalousie window on one side.

Used windows available? Sure. Start calling RV salvage yards, they are out there. Given the low production numbers on the Trillium, it could take a while.

One side of the window was an escape hatch (solid window). If he didn't mess up the jalousie side, repair would be pretty straight forward.

OK, I see the dope messed up the jalousie side. If the framing is still there, I'd get it fixed. Jalousie parts are readily available. The entire window is not.

Owning a vintage trailer is like owning a vintage home. The search for parts can be endless. McGiver skills are a must. And stocking up on some parts can be a good idea. For instance, my 1977 uses a Bargman L-400 door lock. Its been out of production for decades. And this lock was used on other brands, most notably Airstreams. Vintage Airstream owners are able to pay top dollar for replacements, so there is competition out there (on the locks).

I would have thought 1980 model would be escape hatch on one side, jalousie on the other. Thats the way my 1977 was built. Earlier years an escape hatch was not required so you will see jalousie on both sides of the rear window. And some Trilliums have the escape hatch on one side of the front window. Bad idea IMHO because if the rock guard is down, you are not getting out.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium