Trillium 1300 Frame Question - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #21

Name: Randy
Trailer: 1980Trillium 1300
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
Mother lode!

Pleasepleaseplease do post a from-the-beginning type thread..."before and after" pics mandatory!

Here's a link to the right part of the site to start such a thread in: Modifications, alterations, and updates.

We'll be watching for it...

Francesca

P.S.
By the way:
Welcome to the site!
...Thankyou for your encouragement. I will keep tag of all steps, photos,...from beginning to the end(must be a lot, though). Right now, I am just in state of beginning of restoration/modification. When I bought the Trillium, it only had 117vac circuitry, one small fridge, a little propane oven. Inside @ front driverside corner, fiberglass shell had cracks and no water tank what-soever.. Here is my plan: 1/ Check, reinforce frame, pain it... 2/ Run a combination of electrical system, including 117VAC, 12VDC from battery charger/booster and an independant 12VDC from battery. That includes adding reading light for each bed(3 beds), extra 12VDC power supplies, control panel with breaker, switches, lights as indicators, fan for roof vent, backup alarm when in reverse and back up flood light @ rear bumper for night time in...the bush. Also add air condition(heater I preffer portable)...3/ Doing body work of shell, re-polish all alum windows and re-seal them and finally...paint the whole shell in a rent shop. When it gets home, adding stripes, letters or might be some weird pictures with air-brush( I wish I got the time). Also add water tank with 50liter capacity. The old floor was carpet, I will replace it with plastic laminate/water resistant one. Not mention about redo the bunk bed with aluminum frames, pull out mini talbe with cup holders...also relocate spare tire with bike rack at rear...Bottom line, I love to work for...me, some kind of hobby. I might show you the utility trailer I made from several years ago with....Honda civic rims and tires. Cheer.
Thinh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium