Trillium 1300 Furnace - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2022, 11:49 PM   #41

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Another possibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliusB View Post
so is the best option to buy an older Suburban NT-16SE that would be gravity fed? .
I think 'gravity fed" isnt part of the lingo any more, that was the way old heaters got their air and today's all come with fans for that purpose. Hence the need for 12v power.

For what it's worth, we've been using a Wave 3 catalytic heater for our Trillium 4500 for nearly the whole of the 15+years we've owned it and our only complaint has been condensate forming on the walls unless carefully managed. We put the heater under the closet/pantry but I've since thought it would do better under the sink. No electricity is required for operation since it has no fan of its own. We do use a stovetop-type self powered ecofan atop the heater to move heated air around some, which also helps to keep interior condensation down.
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 07:05 PM   #42

Name: Tim
Trailer: 71 Trillium 1300
Nova Scotia
My 1971 came to use with out a furnace. After 2 years of Fighting with an expensive propex unit it put a Chinese Diesel heater in last summer. Can't recommend it enough. Low cost, plenty of options for accessories, simple and reliable operation.
tim42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 10:06 AM   #43

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim42 View Post
My 1971 came to use with out a furnace. After 2 years of Fighting with an expensive propex unit it put a Chinese Diesel heater in last summer. Can't recommend it enough. Low cost, plenty of options for accessories, simple and reliable operation.
Tim, This is the first time I have read of an unhapy Propex customer. Please describe the problems you were having.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 10:08 AM   #44

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I thought that I posted this before.

About a week after I picked up the furnace and fridge from Lyle P, a member of FiberglassRV.com sent me a message about trouble they were having with the pilot light on a Duo-Therm 65810-002 furnace. It would not light. I suggested that they pull off the tube that feeds the pilot light and blow through it. Also, while there was gas pressure on the furnace, and the tube was off, push the red dial and see if any gas came out. They did both, and all seemed good. They then pulled out the pilot burner and found that no gas was going through it. I offered to send one to them, but I wanted the blocked one in return. Before I even started look for a pilot burner, the blocked one arrived. This turned out to be good. Having an example of what I was looking for allowed me to compare it to the 11HU furnace that I got from Lyle P. It was the same burner, even though they were different furnace models. I took the pilot burner off that furnace and blew through it. It was not plugged. I sent it off, along with some high temperature gasket compound. I hope it works for them.

I ran the plugged burner through an ultrasonic cleaner and it is no longer plugged.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, trillium