Trillium 1300 Jalousie window removal - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #1
krg

Name: Kirk
Trailer: Trillium
Alberta
Registry
Trillium 1300 Jalousie window removal

I am a new owner of a mid-70'sTrillium 1300(can't find manufacture date) and I am removing the Hehr Jalousie windows but cannot figureout how to get off the aluminum trim inside the trailer that prevents the window from going out through the opening. I have noticed some phillips head screws in the top and bottom of the trim but they are not really accessable but I am thinking this is what needs to be removed. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.
krg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 1300
Cumberland, Indiana
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by krg View Post
I am a new owner of a mid-70'sTrillium 1300(can't find manufacture date) and I am removing the Hehr Jalousie windows but cannot figureout how to get off the aluminum trim inside the trailer that prevents the window from going out through the opening. I have noticed some phillips head screws in the top and bottom of the trim but they are not really accessable but I am thinking this is what needs to be removed. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.
The windows should only be attached with screws on the outside of the window. Remove all of the outside screws and carefully pry the window loose from the fiberglass and sealant. There could be a fair amount of butyl sealant left and might be quite stubborn, but go slow and you will eventually free the window. The interior flange might be stuck somewhat to the ensolite on the interior walls and you may have to free that up also. It should then come out from the outside. The interior flange really doesn't add anything structurally and the hole is big enough to allow removal.

Good Luck on your project

Spanke
Old 07-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #3

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
The windows also might not be centered in the opening just right and thus sticking on the bottom say when you try to pry them out?

Like said above pry them away from the outside shell slowly and once loose all the way around they do slide right out after all they did have to go in at one time!

They should only be attached from the outside if your trailer is stock?
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #4
krg

Name: Kirk
Trailer: Trillium
Alberta
Registry
Thanks for the info and I finally got the windows out. The wood interior trim had been placed so tightly to the frame that I needed to remove the wood(at least 2 pieces) before the windows would drop out. I am planning to replace all the wood so not a problem. The trailer is stock as far as I know there does not seem to be any additional items. It does have a water tank, furnace and fridge as well as sink and 2 burner stove top. It presently has the double bunk configuration but I am going to remove these, extend the kitchen counter as well as add a flush toilet and tank just to the right of the entry door. I am going to put in a demand pump for the water and a small grey water tank. Other than that just fix things up starting with paint and repair and replace the windows.

Kirk
krg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium