Trillium 4700 Water Intake Caps? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2012, 08:19 PM   #1

Name: Kimberly
Trailer: Trillium 4500
California
Trillium 4700 Water Intake Caps?

Hi, I have a Trillium 4700 1978... can hardly believe I'm saying it!! So I have a couple of holes or places where water goes into or comes out of a tank on the left outside. The covers or caps are missing. Do any of you know what exactly it is that I need. Thanks for your help!
kesslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
Can you take pictures of what you are looking for?
Chuck
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #3

Name: Kimberly
Trailer: Trillium 4500
California
Here are a couple pics of the holes. Many thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
ForumRunner_20121019_203559.png   ForumRunner_20121019_203623.png  

ForumRunner_20121019_203652.png  
kesslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:11 AM   #4
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
The one with the hose thread looks like your gray water outlet. It is connected to the sink drain. The other is your fresh water inlet. It allows you to fill your water tank with a hose or jug. You should find caps for each at any RV store or on line. If the plastic has deteriorated you might want to replace the whole thing. Finding an exact repacement might be difficult. You may have to fill the old holes and drill new ones. Congratulations on your "new" Trillium and welcome to the club. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:24 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Pretty standard replacements at most RV parts stores. But as Raz says an exact replacement may be hard to find. Looking at your posted pictures, it appears there was once covers... I see slots at the top. Here's one similar, they can be had with or without keys: Fresh Water Hatch
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:11 AM   #6

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Kimberly the type of outlets you have are made by a company called Zebra RV Accessories - our at least they make ones like that.

The second picture if there are no hose threads on it is as Raz indicates for filling your water tank and to help with your online search they are actually called a "flush mount gravity filler spout" they come with two tube sizes so you will need to know if its 1 1/4 or 1 3/8". Some can be found here at Recreational Vechile Accessories in Denver.

Hopefully someone else can come up with a link to a square grey water/sink drain for you.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:02 PM   #7

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
I'm not familiar with the 4700- is that a typo or something different from a 4500?

The cap part of those hatches isn't replaceable- you have to replace the whole thing, which means drilling out the rivets, pulling the unit out, disconnecting/reconnecting the attached hoses, and reattaching.

Per the gray water drain- my '78 4500 never had a swing-type lid...I can't see enough detail in your pic to tell if yours is the same as mine. The "keep cover in place" decal actually refers to a screw-on cap like this:

The purpose is to keep sink water from drooling down the side of the trailer when in motion.

I wanted a hinged cover over mine, but couldn't find anything remotely resembling the connection in the original color. I did find electrical hatch covers in the ivory, so I cut out the innards of a new one and installed it directly over the old one. This also saved me all the trouble described above...
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #8

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Francesca I think you are correct it looks like one of the rivets on the top left isnt sitting flush and it looks to have a little tab sticking out that may be were the cap lock strap you have posted broke off. Pretty easy to fix that - only one rivet to drill and replace! :-))
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #9

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Francesca I think you are correct it looks like one of the rivets on the top left isnt sitting flush and it looks to have a little tab sticking out that may be were the cap lock strap you have posted broke off. Pretty easy to fix that - only one rivet to drill and replace! :-))
thanks, Carol- I missed that detail. The tab's in shadow, but it looks intact. If so, it may not even be necessary to remove/reinsert the rivet there. The original cap was probably brass, and on a chain like this one:

MID-AMERICA FITTINGS INC HC-12WC 3/4 HOSE CAP W/CHAIN MIA HC-12WC
Again, if the tab on the trailer's intact, one of these could be attached at that point.

The missing cover on the water intake would be of more concern to me- the pic shows the (2"?) intake pipe exposed. Again, I can't tell if there's a stopper in that pipe but if not: If that trailer's been sitting around for any length of time without a cover/stopper on that line it's hard telling what has gotten inside/might be living in the water tank.
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium