Trillium 5500 1980 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2019, 06:00 PM   #1

Name: Andre
Trailer: Trillium 5500
Québec, Canada
Trillium 5500 1980

Hi !! to all of you !!

Where can I find the original fiberglass rock guard cover for my Trillium 5500 1980 ??

I've got all ready the aluminium frame to receive it !!

Thanks in advance !!

Andre Desjardins
55-Desgens Street
St-Isidore,Qc,
Canada
J0L2A0
Andre Desjardins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 06:03 PM   #2

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Make one out of your choice of fiberglass or vinyl panel. These trailers were last made almost 40 years ago.

Fortunately you have the frame, which is the most important part.

On my trailer, I got lucky and it still has the original panels. But the center panel is smooth, while the panels on either side are corrugated. It would be relatively easy to recreate them.

I've seen some modern units people have bought from the new Trillium company. They look a lot different, I don't really like them. And customer service from them is spotty from what I have read.

Do a search on their customer reviews via google. Lots of disturbing stuff, here's an example:
"We have had nothing but hassles with this company. Prepaid for an awning plus installation and taxes last Sept. to date we still have not received. Promises of a refund but that did not happen, now taking legal action. Trying to find licensing on this company but there does not seem to be any. So perhaps doing business without a license as well."
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 07:34 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
André
I don't think you'll ever find replacement panels for your rock guard.
I fixed mine with fiberglass and paint, but if I was to replace the panel I'll look for a sheet of Coroplast plastic (corrugated plastic sheet, think election signs). They are available in a variety of colors, among them 'almond' which looks like would match the original color of thr Trillium very well. Coroplast is very durable and UV resistant.

Is your trailer listed in the Trillium 5500 registry?
If you wish to register your 5500, click here:
https://airtable.com/shrJg5Nd0S13LxN2A
You will access an online form that takes only a minute or two to fill.
YOU WILL NEED YOUR TRAILER SERIAL NUMBER.

The Trillium 5500 registry can be accessed here:
https://airtable.com/shr4bWwL6yN2zjyAD

Carl
Carl V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 06:22 PM   #4

Name: Duane
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
New Brunswick
Trillium 5500 1980

Hi

I was missing the entire frame and rock guard on my Trillium 1300. I found a junk stick built trailer and got the unit off it. I had to shorten the frame and panels to fit mine. The whole frame was just screwed together. I cut each panel to the same size with a table saw using a carbide blade installed backwards. Wear goggles & gloves, it's glass your cutting. Go slowly to avoid chips. I reversed the fiberglass panels in the frame after cutting each to size. The height was the same as a Trillium frame so all I had to do was cut the top and bottom pieces at 45 degrees. There was an insert in each corner with screws in it so you must remove it prior to any cuts being made. I did paint the weathered inner panel side with RV white with a spray can to make it look better. I'm very happy with the results and was even able to use the supports that came with the cover from the junked trailer.You will need to add some sort of plastic or rubber tubes around the frame to wedge the pieces to prevent rattles in the panels. Hope this may help you to fix the rock guard. If you just need the panels remove them from a junk frame and cut them to fit your frame. Good luck with this ,it's not hard to do just will take a little time to do it. Enjoy your Trillium , Duane
getaway1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium