Trillium door lock - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2016, 08:14 PM   #1

Name: Patricia
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
Trillium door lock

Unless I am completely missing something, my 1973 trillium trailer does not lock from the inside. That won't be an issue where I will usually use her, but as I plan to take her on road trips, I am not sure I will always feel that safe. Anyone else figured out what to do about this?
PatriciaSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:14 AM   #2

Name: Claire
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
British Columbia
Registry
Just a thought, the lock on our trillium does lock from the inside if you are trying to get in, but it automatically unlocks from the inside as soon as you turn the handle - it is an emergency escape thing. So try locking it on the inside and have someone try the outside.
Old 06-04-2016, 10:10 PM   #3
DBH

Name: Greg
Trailer: '76 Trillium
Ontario
We have a '76 with what I believe is the original Bargman lock. From the outside, the key actually has 3 positions. If left vertical, it allows the pull knob on the inside to lock from inside. Took a long time to figure that one out!
Greg
DBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:54 AM   #4
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Trilliums typically have a Bargman L300 which is square or a Bargman L400 which is rectangular. Neither is made anymore and parts are scarce. Replacements command rediculously high prices on eBay. Disassembly for cleaning and lubrication or maybe a trip to the lock smith would be a good investment even if yours is working perfectly.

On mine the lock only works if the bolt is all the way out. I sometimes need to give the door a gentle tug before the lock pull will engage. Good luck, Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 06:06 AM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I don't mean to hijack Patricia's thread... but I'll do it anyways!

I never closely looked at the L300 and L400 locks on the 1300 and 4500 Trilliums. The lock on my 5500 doesn't look like the the images I get when I Google L300 or L400.
Here it is:

Anybody knows what type/model of lock this is?
Mine is still working. Well, sort of. It sure locks. But I can lock/unlock it with just about any key that fits the hole, or a flat blade screwdriver, or probably a popsicle stick! I don't even have a key for it. This lock has been messed with, it's a little crooked on the door and is attached to the door with 3 different types of screws...
So I'm looking at an eventual replacement.
Carl V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 06:55 AM   #6
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Sorry, I don't recognize it. Does it give a brand? The trouble you run into with the L300 and L400 is the size of the hole. There was an L 300 replacement being sold that kinda fit. Yours looks small enough that a current model might work when the time comes.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 07:30 AM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
No brand or model stamped anywhere. Maybe inside, I didn't take it off.
I've seen some "standard" RV door locks that look like they could be direct replacement for mine. Maybe that's the reason they used this type of lock for the 5500: a standard, cheapest and more easily available RV lock.

During the same time, Trillium kept using the L300/400 for their smaller units. Maybe the FG mold for the door didn't allow any other (cheaper?) lock type?

The 5500 has a straight door, no FG. Same for the Jubilee, which apparently has the same lock as mine.
Carl V is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium