Trillium Electrical Problem - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2003, 07:03 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Trillium Electrical Problem

Ok, I know almost nothing about electrical systems. The first night I had the Trill, I pulled into a campground and ran the cord over to the pole. It was a 30 amp connection so I used the 15-30 connector. As soon as I plugged it in I heard the a/c turn on (knob is missing, so you can't tell when it has been left on). It ran for less than 2 seconds, then the breaker on the pole popped. I tried resetting it a few times, but each time I heard it pop. I also tried another power pole, same problem. I checked the owner's manual it mentioned only the obvious fuse on the transformer panel. The 12v fuse is fine, and the 12v lights work great. I get NOTHING on 110 because it keeps tripping the circuit. There is a 115 V.A.C button that you push in and out like a circuit breaker. It makes no differnece what I do with that.

Seems like there has to be another fuse somehwere. Anyone have any idea where to start looking?

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 07:33 AM   #2

electrical problems?

The amount of knowledge that I have about electricity could be put in a thimble with enough room for tens times what you know! ;)

What happens when you try it when the A/C is unplugged? Does it make any difference?

Old 07-12-2003, 07:59 AM   #3

a/c is unplugged. One thought I had is that ants and water may be in the outlet under the a/c. I am gonna try to pry the cover off the outlet and see what is what.

Old 07-12-2003, 08:56 AM   #4

jr where in va are you?

do you have a multi meter?
is your shore power cord in good condition ?
the plug is tight outercaseing is tight at plug ?
if you plug has a replacemnnt plug open it up and check black white to the copper color screem post white wire to silver screw post and green to green ground and no wires are lose and could touch another post .
you converter has a 3 position black switch battery off and transformer. turn refigerator to off and un plug anthing plugged in inside.
place in off diconnect and dc battery you might have installed .
take your muliti meter and set on resistance measure across the shore power plug if it is polarized on plug bigger then the other the small blade is hot wire , check from hot to ground plug if there is a reading you have a short. and will have to chase the wires look under driver side rear bench and look forward you can see the back of the inverter and wire get stored look for broken wire that might have been cut fiberglass is a very good a cutter.

oh yes door hinges the old ones i just took out where a postcards thickness to wearing thur the case the latch barley made contact inside the new trillium site has the hinges in stock 90.95 hopefully thats canadian includinging shiping to virginia

Old 07-19-2003, 12:44 AM   #5

First Problem

I haven't had a chance to do much to diagnose the system yet, but the likely looking culprit could be the outlet under the a/c where it was plugged in. I noticed ants coming and going through the outlet holes. I had to damage the wall slightly to get it out, but it was NASTY! Very rusty and full of ant eggs. There is a small piece of plywood behind it and it was soaked too. Once I replace that I'll try plugging it in again. I bought a shallow plastic box an outlet, and a large decorative outlet cover that I think will hide the wall damage.

Tags
trillium