Trillium Exterior Window Strip - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2007, 09:05 AM   #1

Trailer: 1975 Trillium
My husband and I have owned our 1975 Trillium for about 3 years now and absolutely love it! I spent a lot of time on this very helpful and resourcefull website to help us re-design the interior of our little home away from home. It was a lot of work, but we are so happy with the results. It's all we need, being that we normally sleep in a tent on the ground or carry every thing we own on our backs and tredge across the trails. So, when we use our pod, it's truly conveniences we are not used to!

Just a couple questions. We have an exterior moulding strip along the side window that is missing, and I figured it wouldn't do it any favors in time. Maybe even cause leaking. There are four black moulding strips that go around the window, and the top one is missing. Would someone be able to point me in the right direction as to where I could purchase this strip?

Also, it appears we have a leak beneath the right hand seat of the original dinette which is now our permanent bed. What's odd is there is no leak leading down the wall. But I have noticed the rusty drip lines in there on more than one occasion. Any ideas where this may be coming from?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much!

Life is good!
Krysti Peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:44 AM   #2

Trailer: Trillium 4500
If it is toward the back of the compartment (where the plywood subfloor ends) it could be running between the fiberglass shell and the the plywood floor from another spot in the trailer. I noticed this problem in my Trillium and I saw no staining along the walls. When I jacked up the front and tipped it up water ran out a small spot towards the back, and then through the rear weep holes, and I discovered that it was beteween these two layers. Water can move from front to back like PLINKO on "The Price is Right"
TorreyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:23 AM   #3

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Funny you should ask, I spent Sunday pulling out the window on the street side of our Trillium because I had investigated every thing else first. When looking from outside, the left side of the window frame (towards the front of the trailer) and the bottom left part of the frame was wet. The water was running between the wood frame and the fiberglass, then running down between the ensolite and fiberglass, sometimes ending up on the bench, but most often running all the way down into the storage area underneath. I have included pictures that show where the water was running.

The other spot I had very bad leaking, a prior owner had replace the electric cable entry cover poorly, and water was streaming in there, and when there was enough water, it would travel under the fridge into the area under the front bench. I forgot to take pictures of that.

As for the black strip, sorry I don't know, but would replace a few of mine if I could find it.
Attached Thumbnails
InsideWindow.JPG   WindowOutside.JPG  

brendadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #4

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
The black strips should be readily available at any well stocked R.V. dealership that has a parts department. (take a sample piece in with you when you go) They are usually sold in lengths of either 6 or 8 feet (I forget) and very easily cut to length with good sissors, razor knife or snips. When I replaced all of mine I made them all about 1/2 to 3/4 inch longer than needed to allow for possible shrinkage but 2 years later and they are still too long, time for a snip-job I guess, LOL!!! I don't think they do 'much' in the way of keeping out water, just more a cover for the mess they hide underneath...
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:32 PM   #5

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe
Hi Kristi,
Did you get my e-mail? I live in Howell, Mi. Where do you and your husband live?
Dave
Dave Baston is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium