Trillium Rear Window Missing - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2007, 10:29 AM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Trillium Owners,
Our trailer had the rear escape window removed and an A/C installed in its place. We want to return it to the original configuration.Could someone eyeball the frame for dimensions and to see if it is the same profile as the crank out windows. Do the latches work on the vertical or horizontal plane?
Thanks Dave
David Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:45 PM   #2

Trailer: 92 Bigfoot 13.5 ft / 05 Freestar
Quote:
Trillium Owners,
Our trailer had the rear escape window removed and an A/C installed in its place. We want to return it to the original configuration.Could someone eyeball the frame for dimensions and to see if it is the same profile as the crank out windows. Do the latches work on the vertical or horizontal plane?
Thanks Dave
Hi Dave,
It looks like the same profile pivoting on the same hole position as the top pane on the other side. I've attached some photos of the hinge and latch details. There is a triangular shaped casting right near the hinge that I first thought was the hinge. I didn't figure out what it's purpose was. The width is identical to the other side and height is equal to 3 panes on the other side. If you need more info let me know.
Bill
Click image for larger version

Name:	escape1.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	6863
[attachment=8599:att
achment]

Name:	escape4.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	6866
[attachment=8602
:
attachment]

Name:	escape7.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	6869
Attached Thumbnails
escape2.jpg   escape3.jpg  

escape5.jpg   escape6.jpg  

Bill F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 01:30 PM   #3

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Bill,
Thankyou very much for the info and pics, they are exactly the info I need. I don't think I'll be able to duplicate the latches, but the triangular hinges, (I do think thats what they are) are still mounted to the frame. I think they have stops built in to limit the opening to just past 90 degrees. Thanks again Bill, Dave.
PS: I did get your address and will price shipping on Monday. I'll probably call you to confirm as they are quite heavy (#'s= $$$). I'll open them up to inspect and let you know the condition also.
David Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium