Trillium replace original water pump with 12v system - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2015, 01:04 PM   #1

Name: Colleen
Trailer: Trillium
WA
Trillium replace original water pump with 12v system

Hello! I want to replace the original rocker hand pump in our 1980 Trillium 1300 with a 12v system. For this I will need a new faucet and the pump, plus other bits and bobs. Can anyone recommend a pump and a faucet for this? Ideally, I'd like the faucet to fit in the existing hole for the rocker pump so I don't need to cut any fiberglass. Given the sheer number of faucets and pumps I find out there -- I'd love a shortcut from those of you in-the-know. Many Thanks,

Colleen
Seattle
Colleeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:41 AM   #2

Name: Michael
Trailer: Trillium 4500
Colorado
I've been thinking about doing this as well so I'm looking forward to hearing from folks who have already done this modification! Thanks for posting!
ckayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:53 AM   #3

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
While I have not completed this, I am planning the same thing as Jim Bennett. I have purchased a low power 12VDC submersible pump that is actually a spare part for the Coleman on demand water heater. It cost me less then $20 at the Calgary Coleman service centre:
Coleman Canada
2235 27 Ave NE
(403) 235-5454

I will cut a deck plate into the tank, then plumb the output to an open spigot at the sink, no tap, and put a switch near it.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 11:06 AM   #4

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
This was the one I used to replace the broken one in our Trillium
Amazon.com: Valterra RP800 Chrome Rocket Hand Pump: Automotive

Sorry didn't read your post correctly
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 11:08 AM   #5

Name: Colleen
Trailer: Trillium
WA
I was looking for a pump/faucet combo--with a faucet with a built in switch or toggle. I found one that looked like it might do the trick, Johnson Pumps: 61123 1.1 12V WPS/Faucet Combo, 15-Inch. Shureflo doesn't seem to sell the kits anymore.

But when I called the manufacturer their tech service was awful. I had questions around whether this was good for a non-gravity fed system, and whether there was an inline flange to keep it primed. I only want to put this in once. But as I said, I think the company does not prioritize retail customers. If I can find similar systems elsewhere, I'll get one -- if I wind up buying one from Johnson though, I will not expect anything heroic from this company if things go south. If I find and install a good one, I'll post pics and progress here.
Colleeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 11:34 AM   #6

Trailer: Trillium 1978
Registry
Sorry for my poor english.
We installed this: SHURFLO 94-009-20 - Shurflo Electric Faucet & Pump Combo 94-009-20 - RV Plus
We like it.
LucilleL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 05:58 AM   #7
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
My trailer came with a shurflo pump similar to the one Lucille suggested. I added an inline strainer recommended by shurflo. These pumps have a pressure switch that turns the pump on when it senses the faucet is open. To avoid having the pump turn on as you are traveling down the road, a power switch that controls the power to the pump is mounted on the side of the cabinet. The switch has a built in indicator light to help you remember to turn it off. I added a high rise faucet which makes washing in a small sink easier. One thing you should know is that these pumps are quite noisy. Good luck, Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 09:14 AM   #8

Name: Tom
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
California
For something a little different , I installed a Whaler hand pump faucet and a whaler inline 12v pump between the faucet and the tank. I put in a foot switch to operate the inline pump.

Both are really nice pumps, but not cheap. I find I use a lot less water using the hand pump but if I need to fill a container or two it's nice to have the electric pump.

The hand pump also serves to prime the in line pump.

Many great options out there!
tom_gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 12:17 PM   #9

Name: David
Trailer: Trillium 13'
Ontario
This is what I bought
http://www.amazon.ca/Flojet-Triplex-...=rv+water+pump
fantastic pressure and quiet. Coupled it with a shurflo strainer. The faucet I will be using (project is in progress) is a simple arched kitchen type faucet (I will have hot and cold water- as i will be installing a Hot water on demand system outside)
I got this faucet
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B001...ilpage_o01_s00
The pump has a check valve built in to enable connection to city water and an auto on off pressure switch (pump only runs when pressure drops by opening the faucet.)
Cheers
Dave
MoDZuKi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium