Trillium Seat Cushion Dimensions/Templates? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2003, 10:28 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Trillium Seat Cushion Dimensions/Templates?

Greetings -

I posted this on the Bolerama forum but to-date, have had no responses. Any insights are greatly appreciated:

I have a 1976 Trillium 1300 whose previous owner at one point replaced the foam and re-upholstered the coach/dinette/bed cushions. The replacement foam has since worn out and I am now faced with the same task. The challenge that I am facing is that the foam (replaced by the previous owner) was poorly cut and does not fit all that well. (it would appear from the quality of the upholstery and foam to be a fairly Mickey Mouse job)

As such, my question is: is there a Trillium owner (1976) out there that has the redone their original seat cushions and perhaps has a template with original dimensions that they would be willing to share?

Many thanks in advance

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 01:08 PM   #2

I have not redone mine yet, (gonna do the covers first to see how good I am at that kind of thing first) but I have and use the origional cushions. I can trace the origionals for you if you want.

Rich

Old 06-21-2003, 04:29 PM   #3

Just in case Rich's don't fit, Susan C gave us some very good ideas on how to make a template using the old cushions, but you could do the same thing just use the bench top where the cushions go. I would think
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/read.php?TID=1463

Old 06-23-2003, 10:47 AM   #4

Thx for the insights.

I broke down on the weekend, stripped the covers off the old cushions and and used the old foam as a base template, making alterations/adjustments as I went along using a roll of brown parcel wrap to trace the final pattern. These I took to a local foam shop who has promised to follow the pattern. In the end, my new patterns were not too far off from the previous ones, but should certainly fit better. (fingers crossed!) Of note, inside one of the gaucho cushions, the previous owner had used three 1" pieces of assorted camping foam rather than a single piece of 3'. This reinforces the MM method of upholstery that I suspected. Needless to say, I greatly look forward to delivery of my new 4" high density.

Thx again for the assistance.

Tags
trillium