trillium stove leaks propane - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2015, 07:50 AM   #1

Name: Gavin
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
trillium stove leaks propane

Hi I'm pretty new here and have been doing lots of reading and learning about these eggs. I have a 74 trillium 1300 and when testing out everything my wife and found out that the propane works but one of the stove knobs/valves leaks when if the knob is pulled up. I don't think it's supposed to pull up at all. Both knobs do turn on and function as they should but I would like to fix the one that leaks as I don't want to light my trailer on fire. I tried to Google search but can't find any info. Are the valves rebuildable/replaceable?

Thanks
Gavin
cabnfevr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:14 AM   #2

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
This really isn't the place to learn how to repair gas appliances, especially those that may already be 40+ years old. A new cooktop is less than $150 USD and that may be a better way to go.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:24 AM   #3

Ontario
Good point. I will search for replacements as I didn't know it was that feasible for a new one.

Thanks
Old 07-25-2015, 09:44 AM   #4

You might try looking for one of the SMEV/Domestic combination stove/sinks to update the entire kitchen area. I installed on in my Hunter and they are great. (simplest one, 2 burners & sink, no cover <$20 USD) I just don't know where to buy them in Canada. Here's a link:
https://www.google.com/search?q=smev...FVB7kgod_wcFXg

Old 07-25-2015, 07:22 PM   #5

Ontario
Yes I have seen your thread, very nice unit!

Only issue is the propane connection as I've noticed that trillium didn't stay consistent with their hook up points. Mine is on the far left of the burners but I also have a Browns stovetop and the connection is right between the burners. Where is the hook up on the smev? I have know problem ordering from Europe, done it plenty of times for vw parts.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:18 PM   #6

I will have to go look tomorrow. But there are a lot of Pop-up trailer builders that use smev/Dometic appliances and Panther RV in Seattle is/was an importer. If you look around on-line I am sure you can find a dealer on this side of the pond.

Old 07-26-2015, 06:50 PM   #7

Ontario
OK I found a picture of the bottom and the the smev connects on the right. Do you remember what you used to connect to your trailer. Some of the ebay listing show a hose propane rated but I'm guessing it needs barb fittings clamped to the hose.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:08 PM   #8

Mine is connected with copper tube.

Old 07-26-2015, 10:51 PM   #9

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Contact your local propane dealer and discuss your issues with them. More than likely they will want to come and do the work and I highly recommend that. In the county where I live a family got blown up inside their camper due to a very tiny gas leak. The smell put in the propane dissipates over time and the gas is still there and any spark will make it go Boom.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 10:53 PM   #10

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Look here for a new cooktop.
Stove
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leaks, propane, trillium