Trillium taillights - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2009, 04:00 PM   #1

Trailer: 1973 Trillium
Send a message via AIM to georgia g
My husband is rewiring the lights for towing, the taillights are an addon and cracked so we would like to replace with nicer and lights that, if not original at least fit the designated spot which is about 12 inches wide and 4 1/2 inches high. I can find smaller but wonder if there are some that fit the trillium better?? georgia
georgia g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:55 PM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Paul Neumeister, Boler guy, advertises some on his site for the Trillium:

(He's in Canada, so maybe not the most convenient for you, but here is is anyway)

http://www.fibreglass-rv.ca/catalog.html

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:29 PM   #3

Trailer: 1978 Boler 1700
I had Paul ship me a pair for my 75 Trillium. Exactly the same as the originals. Cost me about $50. with shipping for the pair but I also live in Southern Ontario. You will be a little more.
Don N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:19 AM   #4

Trailer: 1973 Trillium
Send a message via AIM to georgia g
Quote:
Paul Neumeister, Boler guy, advertises some on his site for the Trillium:

(He's in Canada, so maybe not the most convenient for you, but here is is anyway)

http://www.fibreglass-rv.ca/catalog.html

Raya
Thanks again. Someone always comes through. georgia
georgia g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:25 PM   #5

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
The Trailer Goddess an I decided we wanted to 'save' our stock Trillium tail lights and this is what Reace from Escape Trailers cam up with for us. Its a new (generic) style light used on ALOT of new R/Vs. We liked the look because it matched more closely the rounded lines of the trailer. The stainless steel nuts are just fill ins for the old mounting points for the stock lights (IF we, or whom ever inherits the trailer in the future decides to return to stock mode). We also (being 'car culture folks) added the traditional blue . enhancers!!

Another note: On the subject of lights, we also replaced the stock inside lights with new 'generic' ones again playing off the rounded lines of the trailer, these new lights are more round on the edges.
Attached Thumbnails
trailer25.jpg  
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:38 PM   #6

Those do look really nice, Doug! I think I might do the same thing with a Trillium (and save the originals as you did because I always have to do that too). I love the Trilliums, but they do tend towards boxiness, and the taillights are just all the more square. Yours kind of bring out the roundness instead, and emphasize that.

I'd love to see what you did for inside lights (the Trillium factory did like their square things! )

Raya
Old 01-31-2009, 02:41 PM   #7

Trailer: 1978 Boler 1700
Doug, like the taillights. Look good and also with both having the license plate holder, you can hang your own plaque. I also would like to see what you have done to the inside. I see you never took the spare tire cover off from the previous owners..
Don N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:40 PM   #8

Registry
Quote:
Those do look really nice, Doug! I think I might do the same thing with a Trillium (and save the originals as you did because I always have to do that too). I love the Trilliums, but they do tend towards boxiness, and the taillights are just all the more square. Yours kind of bring out the roundness instead, and emphasize that.

I'd love to see what you did for inside lights (the Trillium factory did like their square things! )

Raya
Raya, your Boler is an open candidate for another 'car related' conversion that also looks REALLY nice. Your tailight opening is the exact same size as a 1957 Ford tailight assembly...
Old 01-31-2009, 09:45 PM   #9

Registry
Quote:
Doug, like the taillights. Look good and also with both having the license plate holder, you can hang your own plaque. I also would like to see what you have done to the inside. I see you never took the spare tire cover off from the previous owners..
ROTFMMFO!!!
Ron that spare tire cover is 'new to me', and not from a previous owner!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
trailer2.jpg  
Old 01-31-2009, 10:59 PM   #10

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Raya, your Boler is an open candidate for another 'car related' conversion that also looks REALLY nice. Your tailight opening is the exact same size as a 1957 Ford tailight assembly...
I'd love to see a pic of that!
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:33 PM   #11

Quote:
Hmm, I'll have to Google up an image of those.

One of the reasons the Boler is my favorite of all the Boler/clones is that I just love the inset taillights on them. Just a silly little thing, but ... so cool

Raya
Old 01-31-2009, 11:39 PM   #12

Trailer: Boler 1984

Click image for larger version

Name:	EMILY_2005__72__taillight.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	17723

Here's one I took at Emily a couple of years ago
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:14 AM   #13

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
One of the reasons the Boler is my favorite of all the Boler/clones is that I just love the inset taillights on them. Just a silly little thing, but ... so cool
Raya
I 100% agree! If this Scamp was my forever trailer, I'd french a set into the body. But, it may be a bit over the top for any future buyer. AND, I like the eyebrow over the top of the front window on the Trail-Mite and the upper lights on the rear over the Tote n Tarry and the wow factor on these wheel wells! Like these on Fred Smailes trailer.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:25 AM   #14

Quote:
AND, I like the eyebrow over the top of the front window on the Trail-Mite
Oh, yeah, that Trail Mite eyebrow is cute! Of course, I'm not so fond of the taillights on those. How about if I trade them for the spare tire holder from the Cloud...

Cut and paste!

R.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:36 AM   #15

Quote:
Oh, yeah, that Trail Mite eyebrow is cute! Of course, I'm not so fond of the taillights on those. How about if I trade them for the spare tire holder from the Cloud...

Cut and paste!

R.
I like this look, but it does next to nothing to protect the spare. Looks over function
Attached Thumbnails
Spare.jpg  
Old 02-01-2009, 08:54 AM   #16

Something like this may help

Click image for larger version

Name:	EMILY_2005__16__spare.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	17726

Maybe we should start a thread about "Alterations I'd Love to Do".
Old 02-01-2009, 10:14 AM   #17

Quote:
Something like this may help
Maybe we should start a thread about "Alterations I'd Love to Do".
I was thinking more along the lines that my picture doesn't show the tire protected from UVs. I like your idea James... you start the topic and everyone can jump in... in General Chat maybe...
Old 02-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #18

No, I guess not. There's already a section called "Modifications , Alterations, etc." I was just thinking of having them all in one thread. Somewhat like the paint jobs.

Tags
trillium