Trimline vs. Campout Awning? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2007, 09:32 AM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Looking at awnings after seeing some really neat, taut ones at the Bolerama in Ontario.

My '78 Trilly only has about 6.5" clearance from rail to door top and 9' straight run in rail before crimping at end. I had also looked at a less expensive product at RVWorkshop but it needed 8" clearance between door and rail so that closed awning bag would not block door from opening and could not adjust pitch of awning for low railing height - it needed 92" and my Trillium awning rail is only 82" above the ground. Also I would like an awning with vertical support legs going down to the ground, but without the need for guy lines. The ones I saw at the Bolerama were like this with tent pegs anchoring the vertical poles in place directly.

I believe the 8' Colorado Campout will work, but don't know about the A&E Trimline that sells for about U.S.$100 less. Any insight into what will work and differences, build quality etc. will be much appreciated.

Fred
Fred G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:35 PM   #2

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
We've got an 8' A&E TrimLine bag awning on our S16. Installed by original owner but works pretty well for us. No guy lines needed unless the wind gets up. Let me know if you're interested and I'll post a pic or two of the mounting.

Al
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00298.JPG  
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:01 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Quote:
We've got an 8' A&E TrimLine bag awning on our S16. Installed by original owner but works pretty well for us. No guy lines needed unless the wind gets up. Let me know if you're interested and I'll post a pic or two of the mounting.

Al
I installed the 8ft Trim line with plenty of clearence, I cut thre raill to the exact length of the actual awning, it allowed it to sit on the roof. the front legs can be used as shown or in the carport position.
Attached Thumbnails
img_0019.jpg   IMG_0036.JPG  

Harry Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:27 PM   #4

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Thanks Al and Harry for responding. I guess my question is how wide is the Trimline bag - how far does it hang down from the rail when the awning is zipped up inside?

My original rail is on there and I don't want to move it and I only have 6 to 6.5 inches to the edge of the door brim. Thanks!

Fred
Fred G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:43 PM   #5

Trailer: 1976 13 ft Scamp / 2006 Honda Element
<bump>

If anyone who has installed the A&E Trimline on their Scamp is still around... I have a dumb question. What do you use to attach the awning bag to the roof of the Scamp? I have ordered an 8' Trimline... but have to wait a few days before it arrives.

Also... does anyone have the tent room? How well does it seal up against the side of our curved trailer body?

Thanks for your help.
HustonFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:24 PM   #6

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983
I was also thinking of getting a trimline awning, do they come with the brackets to mount it to the camper as you have shown in your picture, or would I have to find those seperate?

Click image for larger version

Name:	img_0019.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	16669

Quote:
I installed the 8ft Trim line with plenty of clearence, I cut thre raill to the exact length of the actual awning, it allowed it to sit on the roof. the front legs can be used as shown or in the carport position.
April Wilcox is offline   Reply With Quote