Trouble with left running light - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2021, 02:32 PM   #1

Name: Debra
Trailer: Casita 2019
FL
Trouble with left running light

Hey All. I had a rear view camera installed on my Casita SD and learned that the wiring was screwed up. When the camera was on the left signal, which the camera was wired to, did not work. Due to my needing sime surgery I had to put the Casita in storage for several months and now the left signal does not work at all...not for the breaks either. Sometimes when I open the door on the tow vehicle, without the engine on, it the light will flash.

Any ideas what is wrong?

I took it apart and am wonder if the LED panel can be bought off the shelf.

Thanks for any advice. In over my head and was hoping to go camping in two days. Much obliged for any input.
Debbie in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 02:45 PM   #2

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Messed up 2 year old wiring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie in Florida View Post
Hey All. I had a rear view camera installed on my Casita SD and learned that the wiring was screwed up.
Did it work before the camera was installed? I'd start by undoing the install.
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 02:50 PM   #3

Name: Debra
Trailer: Casita 2019
FL
It did...thats an idea. I spoke to the guy who did the work. He thought it was a grounding issue. (I zm on AL now...he is in FL.)

But when I disconnected the camera the left light worked but now it will not work at All.
Debbie in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 10:49 AM   #4

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
you don't say what your tow vehicle is, some have separate fusing for trailer signals, and one of those could be blown
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 01:39 PM   #5

Name: Ray
Trailer: scamp
Indiana
The flashing when opening the door may be a big clue. A lot of vhicles today have the lights come on for a while when you open the door so you can get into the house. This may be what you are experiencing.

This is a case of divide and conquer. The first thing I would do is get a tester for the wiring on the TV. There are a lot of reasons that it could be a problem. The fuses mentioned are one. I use one of these to check my wiring before leaving.

https://www.amazon.com/POLLAK-12741E.../dp/B00AO72DKO

Then I would go to the area where the additonal wiring was done. I would bet on a loose connection.
computerspook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light