TV/iPhone question - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2019, 08:02 PM   #1

Name: Judy
Trailer: Casita
Oregon
TV/iPhone question

Anybody have an insight into how to connect an iPhone to the Jensen tv in a 2017 13' Scamp? Not that we don't love the channels available out of the box with the tv (especially love GRIT ) but we would like to be able to watch Britbox or Netflix when it rains. Couldn't figure out how to make it happen using the iPhone cord plugged into the port on the bottom of the tv. Anybody know how this works?
Judy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 01:38 PM   #2

Name: Carter
Trailer: Eco
Kansas
At one time I had a 30-pin to RCA adapter to hook my phone to hotel TVs. I'm sure some such adapter is still available (maybe a lightning-to-hdmi or something) but I haven't kept up with it, because it's not the way I'd do it anymore. These days, I wouldn't worry about the iPhone, I'd just get an affordable Roku or Firestick or something similar and use that. I still might have to tether to the iPhone for a wifi signal, but I'd let the Roku handle my Netflix and other channel needs.
Old 08-19-2019, 02:27 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy in Oregon View Post
Anybody have an insight into how to connect an iPhone to the Jensen tv in a 2017 13' Scamp? Not that we don't love the channels available out of the box with the tv (especially love GRIT ) but we would like to be able to watch Britbox or Netflix when it rains. Couldn't figure out how to make it happen using the iPhone cord plugged into the port on the bottom of the tv. Anybody know how this works?
Depending on the copy protection, one of these will go from iPhone to HDMI. Note that Netflix is NOT SUPPORTED.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote