U-Haul CT13 Table Dimensions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2009, 08:55 AM   #1

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul
Does anyone know the dimensions of the rear table in a U-Haul CT13?

I have to make one from scratch.

I could measure the recessed area on the benches and get that but it looks like the table sticks out over the benches in pictures I am seeing.

Thanks...
Gary P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:00 AM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Gary, I'll measure mine for you and then post back. I believe it fits completely within the benches, but why not find out for sure.

Raya

Edited to add: Okay, here we go:

First of all, the table is nearly a square, but is slightly rectangular. It fits down into the grooves on the edges of the benches, so that the top of the table is flush with the tops of the benches when it is lowered. It has a central pedestal type leg. It does not stick out past the front edge of the bench/closet/kitchen enclosure area.

The two corners that face into the trailer are cut off on a diagonal to facilitate getting into and out of the benches when it is in table mode. But of course you could make those rounded or however you wanted to.

The measurement across from bench to bench is 32-1/4"
The measurement from back to front is 28-7/8"
The flat part of each diagonal corner cut is 10-1/2"

The corners of the cut off diagonals are a bit rounded, but they start about 7-1/2" in from where each corner would be (i.e. before you cut them, measure in about that far along the edges and make your diagonal cut between them - face should be about 10-1/2" then when you are done.

Edit #2: I remember you were asking about possibly using Scamp cushions. I don't think it would be a good enough fit to make it worthwhile, because the Scamps are much more rounded at the ends (hence, so are the cushions). Where the U-haul is more square with rounded off corners, the Scamp is more "pooched out" in the middle.
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:11 AM   #3

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Someone on the uhaulcamper forum mentioned that some of the UHaul cushions fit into their Casita Freedom Deluxe. That person did not try them all. Maybe Casita owners can measure their cushions here and see if this might be the route to go.

CindyL
Old 10-10-2009, 01:48 PM   #4

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul

Raya: Thanks for the very detailed dimensions, just what I was looking for.

CindyL: I didn't think it was going to be as easy as buying a set of factory Scamp cushions.
I'm just trying to get out of making mine. I dred that part of the restoration.

Gary P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #5

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
I won't say that sewing "proper" slipcovers is easy, but on the other hand, cutting out the foam is easy-peasy with an electric turkey carving knife. Just cut it a little bigger than the end size you want, and then it "plumps" the cushions nicely.

Remember, once you have the foam cut, you can always use something like sheets or fleece and safety pins to get you going with a quick slipcover
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
u-haul