U-Haul cushions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #1

Name: Frederic
Trailer: U-Haul ct-13
Quebec
U-Haul cushions

Hello U-Haul owner's,

I just bought a ct 13. The ''dinette'' is a full lenght bed and I want to make new cushions base on the old one that came with the camper. Only thing, I dont know what goes where. I have the two seat cushions, a large one that is about 4 feet and smaller one 2 feet that seams to be the back of the seatting. There are missing parts of the puzzle. Could somebody tell us how are the cushions displaced in the dinette mode and in the bed mode?

I will use 4 inch foam with 2 inch memory foam so the news cushions will have 2'' more. Do anybody have the same set-up?

Thanks for your help and hope my english is not to bad

Fred
theman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Here is a photo of mine folded down.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3400.JPG  
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #3

Name: Frederic
Trailer: U-Haul ct-13
Quebec
Thanks! As I can see there are 3 cushions in the middle section. They seem to be the same size? I just have one of those... so will have to make two more. Can you confirm me that the three of them are equal size.

Thanks
theman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:58 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by theman View Post
Thanks! As I can see there are 3 cushions in the middle section. They seem to be the same size? I just have one of those... so will have to make two more. Can you confirm me that the three of them are equal size.

Thanks
Yes, all three center cushions are the same size.

I just got done making some cushions for my front dinette. I used 1/8" plywood on the bottom, 4" foam then layed upholstery cloth over the foam and stapled the cloth to the plywood. After I trimmed the excess cloth on the bottom, I used contact cement to cover the bottom with shelf liner - the kind made of rubber - like you can also put under a rug to keep it from skidding. Not too shabby looking and cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/Grip-Shelf-Dra...sr=1-2-catcorr
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #5

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Still need one original larger rear CT-13 cushion

If anyone is remaking cushions and has an original larger left or right
rear cushion ,in the original tweed material they might sell, I am most interested.

Mine is beyond repair and was like that when I bought this trailer. Looks like battery acid did a number on it!
Old 03-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #6

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Don, If anyone has one, I'm sure they'll let you know. However the original olefin covers and the foam fillers are nearly indestructable, and most people are still using the original cushions. You are the rarity that has a ruined cover. But many peope recover their cushions so hopefully one will turn up.
You can also post in the Classified section of this site under the "Parts for Sale/Wanted section".
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #7

Florida
Registry
Wanted larger CT-13 rear cushion

Pam,

I have been searching for the original matching material. I did buy some original smaller cushion covers through FGRV recently and was happy to get them as spare material if neede. I could splice them together (a lot of work) to repair this larger one, but, it would sure be better to just get an original cover!

I'll list over there in the parts wanted section right now! THANKS!
Old 03-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #8

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
One of my covers has a seam running across it in an odd area, so I've always wondered if it was repaired at one time or another. The covers are washable, I just took them off and ran them through a gentle cold water cycle and air dried them. A couple of my zippers are frozen shut, but I just washed the whole thing (cover and foam) in my bathtub and put it outside to dry. Worked very well. Good luck on your search
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #9

Florida
Registry
Cushion repair

Well mine will have many of those odd seams on both sides unless I find an original cover...Thanks for your reply
Old 03-10-2012, 12:26 PM   #10

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Don,
I'm having mine redone and will have all the original covers available within a few weeks. They are clean and not stained. Really didn't need redone, but it's a color match thing for me. Send a PM and we can talk more.
Thanks,
Patti
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #11

Florida
Registry
Thanks for the reply

Patti,
Thanks for your reply. I sent a PM!
Old 04-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #12

Florida
Registry
Received cushion covers for my UHaul CT-13!

Thanks to Patti for selling me her cushion covers. Now I only need left and right rear cushion covers to complete another CT which I bought.

If anyone is updating their L and R rear original covers please keep me in mind as will gladly purchase your old ones rather than having some made with extra seams. (I have some extra covers that I could splice together to make those larger rear ones)

Thanks again Patti for deal along with your very timely shipping!

Happy Trails and High Holy Days Everyone!

Tags
u-haul