U-Haul Tail Light Adaptor - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #1

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
U-Haul Tail Light Adaptor

Looking for the link to where I can get the conversion adaptor of the tail lights on my U-haul camper...I've looked everywhere I can think of and just can't find them...THANKS RANDY
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #2

Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Registry
parts

Here you go
http://epc.uhaul.com/LinkOne/Viewer/...aul/misc_parts
Michael J
mmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #3

Thanks..I had found that page before but there was nothing on there for the adaptors or so I thought....Took alittle time but finally figured out where they were listed...Still couldn't figure out how your suppose to buy something from there so I sent them a e-mail requesting a way to purchase them...THANKS AGAIN RANDY
Old 05-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I've bought those parts from Uhaul, plus some other stuff. I have a user name and password with them. Looking just now I don't see where we can "add to cart" or "check out". It's kind of a strange website anyhow, and the camper parts are a little hard to find. Seems like something is missing, let us know what their answer is. Bob
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I just tried it with Firefox and it didn't work so I tried Windows Explorer and it did work.

Good luck getting a response by phone or email - I'm still waiting since December.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
I've bought those parts from Uhaul, plus some other stuff. I have a user name and password with them. Looking just now I don't see where we can "add to cart" or "check out". It's kind of a strange website anyhow, and the camper parts are a little hard to find. Seems like something is missing, let us know what their answer is. Bob

They were very quick with a respond...sent me a invoice within minutes of my e-mail but I asked about getting 2 sets for the 2 U-hauls I've got but I think the invoice is for just 2 adaptors not 4 total like I need...I went ahead and paid the invoice because shipping was free and I think they are now closed because I sent them another e-mail asking them if the invoice was for 2 or 4 and have not heard back....I might get by with one set since out of the 4 lenses I think 2 would be in good shape..Then again something like replacing one's tail lights and not the other would drive me crazy and keep me up nights...If I do replace all of them I'll probably sell the old ones.....
Old 05-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #7

Frank just sent me another e-mail and the invoice was for only 2 but sent me another invoice so I'm going to go ahead and order another set...Can't believe how fast he was answering my messages....
Old 05-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
Frank just sent me another e-mail and the invoice was for only 2 but sent me another invoice so I'm going to go ahead and order another set...Can't believe how fast he was answering my messages....
Must be a new Frank. While you have his attention ask him if they have brake drums to fit a VT. I never did get an answer.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
Must be a new Frank. While you have his attention ask him if they have brake drums to fit a VT. I never did get an answer.

I'll see what I can find out for you.....RANDY
Old 05-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #10

Quote:
I'll see what I can find out for you.....RANDY
I'm just kidding. My original plan was to put VT drums on my CT and install surge brakes, but I never could get a straight answer from UHaul, so I went a different route.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #11

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Randy, Are you saying that you have 2 UHauls and all 4 of the wrap-around taillights are bad? If you have any that are salvageable, there are people on this website that will be more than happy to take them off your hands (BIG head nod!). Would be great to see pictures of your restorations also, thanks!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Randy, Are you saying that you have 2 UHauls and all 4 of the wrap-around taillights are bad? If you have any that are salvageable, there are people on this website that will be more than happy to take them off your hands (BIG head nod!). Would be great to see pictures of your restorations also, thanks!
Yes I'm renov. 2 U-Hauls its a father and son project and I'm going to post pictures of the project very soon just wanted to get a little farther along before I posted them. With the holiday weekend and the weather were not as far along as I had hoped..but then again we are not in any kind of race to finish them...The light lenses are in pretty good shape and I'm going to make sure they find a good home to a member on here just have not decided how to go about doing that yet.....I gave away several feet of door gaskets to members on here and all I asked was for them to make a donation to the website...I might do the same thing with the U-Haul lenses.......
Old 06-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #13

I decided to buy a couple of the tail light adapters as insurance since the lenses are no longer available and thought I'd post pictures so others can see what you get for your $12, each. The adapters are cast aluminum - a little crude with some grind marks here and there.

All in all, pretty inexpensive and will definitely be extinct once their old stock runs out.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3693.jpg   IMG_3694.jpg  

IMG_3692.jpg  
Old 06-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #14

Name: Perk
Trailer: Formerly U-Haul
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Yes I'm renov. 2 U-Hauls its a father and son project and I'm going to post pictures of the project very soon just wanted to get a little farther along before I posted them. With the holiday weekend and the weather were not as far along as I had hoped..but then again we are not in any kind of race to finish them...The light lenses are in pretty good shape and I'm going to make sure they find a good home to a member on here just have not decided how to go about doing that yet.....I gave away several feet of door gaskets to members on here and all I asked was for them to make a donation to the website...I might do the same thing with the U-Haul lenses.......
Randy, Have you decided what you are going to do with the U-Haul Tail Light lens yet. I would be interested if and when you do. Thanks, Perk
Perk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perk View Post
Randy, Have you decided what you are going to do with the U-Haul Tail Light lens yet. I would be interested if and when you do. Thanks, Perk

Haven't decided yet...I've really been busy lately my mother is having to get radation treatments right now and the father and son project has really slowed down..my son and I have tried to get back on track but either he has something come up or I do...Hopefully we can get back on track before it gets to hot...wait it's already too hot
Old 06-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #16

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
Haven't decided yet...I've really been busy lately my mother is having to get radation treatments right now and the father and son project has really slowed down..my son and I have tried to get back on track but either he has something come up or I do...Hopefully we can get back on track before it gets to hot...wait it's already too hot
Best wishes to your Mother, Randy.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Best wishes to your Mother, Randy.

Thanks soo much..
My mom and my wifes mom were both diagnosed with cancer a month apart 3 years ago...My mother-in-law lost her battle a little over a year ago..My mother who is around 5' tall weights 80 lbs has really fought a hard battle and still going strong..I'm 6'2" and 260 and she still scares me to death.. I still remember when I was a teenager and would get in trouble sometimes and she would say "bend down here so I can slap them jowls" and believe me you do what mama says no matter how big you are or how much it hurts.....
Old 06-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #18

Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Thanks soo much..
My mom and my wifes mom were both diagnosed with cancer a month apart 3 years ago...My mother-in-law lost her battle a little over a year ago..My mother who is around 5' tall weights 80 lbs has really fought a hard battle and still going strong..I'm 6'2" and 260 and she still scares me to death.. I still remember when I was a teenager and would get in trouble sometimes and she would say "bend down here so I can slap them jowls" and believe me you do what mama says no matter how big you are or how much it hurts.....
Randy, I fully understand. My wife has some serious health conditions and we are going to use the camper to get away. She is very much loved and cared for but at time the caring calls and visits just overwhelms her. This way we can go somewhere alone to escape and think, relax and look at the stars at night. It marvels me how far we have come with our health care and then some issues come up and there may not be an "easy" fix as we usually come to expect. I wish you the best for being a care giver and I wish the best for your mom.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:36 AM   #19

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Randy,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Life always seems to throw us curveballs...

When you do get around to working on your trailers again, we wouldn't mind having a chance to get a set of tail light lenses, too.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:47 PM   #20

Arizona
Registry
UHaul Taillight housing and Lens Assembly

OK I found the hyperlink provided to U-Haul and figured out how it works and found the Taillight Housing at $11.74 each under part # 37715001. Now for the big question I see there are four Lens Assemblies offered, 2 are Red and 2 are Amber, one set is $.75 for each lens and the other $2.15 for each lens. Does anyone have insight as to why the price difference for the same part description? I may go this route as an option. But want to be sure if I do I order the correct items. Thank you in advance.

Tags
light, u-haul