Uhaul CT 13 info - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2023, 07:04 AM   #1

Name: Wes
Trailer: Ct13 uhaul
TN
Uhaul CT 13 info

So I’m starting from scratch. If anyone has rehabbed one of these I sure appreciate some info. I need to pull windows and put seals in. Also need to completely have all my cushions remade. So if you know exactly what seals or gaskets I need and if you have dimensions of every cushion that would be great. Or even better if you got a shop that can make them and ship even better!
901camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 10:03 AM   #2

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
You will find hundreds of threads on U-Haul restorations. Top right of the page, click on manufacturers tab, select U-Haul, and you are there.

17 pages at 50 threads per page. Wow!
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 10:45 AM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We had a Uhaul CT13 for several years, did a lot of rehab work on it, and modifications. There is a good thread here somewhere with detailed directions about the windows. I disagree about the weatherstripping that is recommended, because the groove dimensions were wrong. The closest that I could find was AS1456 and lockstrip AS789B. That is the rubber that holds the side windows in the shell. You'll find that most parts of these campers are either obsolete and no longer available, or they are unique to those campers only and not available. There is (or was ) a good Facebook group that has a lot of info.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 04:24 AM   #4

Name: Gary
Trailer: UHaul CT13
Iowa
And lest there be confusion on just what Facebook group, this is the one I've been on, for the same time as I've been on here... ca 9 years.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/UHaulCamper

It's Facebook, so there aren't the tidy build threads like on here, but it's still very active.
[Even the taillight adapters are finally being made again!]

Best wishes on your CT. It's very true a lot of the OEM parts aren't being produced any more, but there are work-arounds for many of them.

And, on this site, at top right, under "More" tab, go to "Documents"..... then scroll way down, to "Trailer Brand Manufacturer"... and select "U-Haul" from the list of makers shown.... and you get a whole bunch of good documents to pick from:

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...p?do=cat&id=31

Happy Huntining,
Gary
Old 05-28-2023, 05:31 AM   #5

Trailer: U-Haul VT
Uhaul CT 13 info

When you get on one of the sites, go to the files section and click on the parts cross reference file I posted on both. It addresses almost everything and has some links. As Gary Roys said,there is a work around for almost everything even the taillights which we owe to him.
Mike Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 07:36 PM   #6

Name: Dave
Trailer: Shasta
New Hampshire
Hi 901 Camper,

I about where you were a year ago in the purchase stage of a 1985 CT13. Do you recall where the VIN is located on this trailer? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dave in NH
Dave in NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 04:34 AM   #7

Name: Gary
Trailer: UHaul CT13
Iowa
When I got our CT 10 yrs ago, I started a Word file of various CT facts & suggestions.
Here's what I entered back then on VIN location:

..... Vin number is on a plate welded to the hitch
..... There are other locations like on a plate on the back side. Or under the sink. But if it's the original hitch it should be there.
…..may also be located on a sticker on lower left side towards front by the reflector.
.....and be sure to look for the hidden document tube that may be welded to the frame under the trailer. It’s just a piece of pipe where Uhaul kept the registration—our Uhaul does not have one.

There's also supposedly a VIN stamped into the frame, underneath, a few feet back from front of camper on righthand side. (I can't confirm that.)

Best of luck on your project,
Gary
Old 04-03-2024, 05:34 AM   #8

New Hampshire
Thanks very much, Gary, for your tips and suggestions!

Appreciate it,
Dave
Old 04-03-2024, 06:24 AM   #9

New York
Dave; if you can't find the VIN number, but have it on some paperwork, get a set of number and letter stamps and stamp it on the tongue. Or on eBay you can buy official looking VIN plates either blank or with your numbers stamped on it. The VIN sticker on the lower left of our Uhaul was damaged and unreadable. There was a piece of labelmaker tape on the front window frame that had the VIN # on it. Our Uhaul also did not have the document tube welded to the frame.
Old 04-04-2024, 06:08 AM   #10

New Hampshire
Thanks, Bob. I like your creativity.

Do you have experience with floor repairs on the CT13s?
Old 04-04-2024, 06:26 AM   #11

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in NH View Post
Thanks, Bob. I like your creativity.

Do you have experience with floor repairs on the CT13s?
Dave, I did not do any floor repair on our Uhaul other than replacing the elevator bolts that go through the floor into the frame, and a little epoxy filler at the door sill. We did replace the rear and side windows with a Scamp rear window and one Scamp side window. Found a surplus place that had some NOS (New Old Stock) side windows so installed one on the other side. I had a lot of spare parts, door hinges, tail light adapters, door latches, window weatherstrip, the Uhaul toy and tool tray, but sold it all after selling the camper.

Tags
uhaul