Upholstery fabric: cheap options? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2016, 10:24 PM   #21

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Registry
Yes, Emily is right; it's a pretty time-consuming job. I didn't put zippers on my cushions, just slip stitched the short ends. If I ever want to remove them, it wouldn't take much to rip out one end.

You can use a regular sewing machine but use heavy duty needles. It helps a lot if you have a reliable machine you enjoy using, and you enjoy sewing as well.

Fran
francene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:55 AM   #22

Name: Crystal
Trailer: 2008 Fun FinderX 160, wanted Eggcamper all electric
Michigan
I did a quick cover of all of my cushions with indoor/outdoor fabric from Joann's. I had a coupon and it was a good price overall. I think maybe around $100 or so for all the fabric I needed. Mine wasn't perfectly covered as I just did more of a "fitted sheet" so I could slip them off and wash them if desired or if someone wanted to go back to the yucky brown ones when I sell the trailer. You can see them in my non FB trailer updates folder good luck and can't wait to see the updates!
Old 03-07-2016, 10:09 AM   #23

Name: Bob
Trailer: Scamp
Illinois
cushion covers

Last fall we bought a 1988 19 Scamp Deluxe, the cushions were in dire need of new covers. We have not picked out our final material yet. my wife did however, make a temporary set of pillow cases out new bed sheets. The do look nice and will be serviceable until she makes a decision on new material.

BobH.
BobH. is offline   Reply With Quote