Using HVAC tape on Reflectix - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2014, 07:13 PM   #1

Name: Michelle
Trailer: 13' Scamp
Pennsylvania
Using HVAC tape on Reflectix

I'm working to put up Reflectix on the bare walls of my Scamp. Once I'm done with that I'll cover it with a marine hull liner. Based on input from some other threads, I decided to use 3M 90 Adhesive Spray and to cover the seams of the Reflectix with HVAC tape before applying the hull liner (with more 3M 90). Now that I have the HVAC tape on the seams, I'm becoming concerned that the tape won't hold well enough once I apply the hull liner. Would you use the HVAC tape?
AM Moats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:00 PM   #2

Name: Rick
Trailer: Burro
Massachusetts
As long as this HVAC tape is the aluminum film type with peel away protection over the sticky side, you should be OK. I have used this stuff on many non-duct applications and is is great stuff. It sticks incredibly to any smooth surface and resists moisture very well.
rick.a is offline   Reply With Quote