So after many many hours I can now say that the paint is completely stripped from the interior. It's now on to the mildew/grunge cleanup. I thought I'd pass along what I have learned for future folks with masochistic tendencies who want to do this.
It's a good thing I'm retired because it took a LOT of hours to get it stripped down. I used a combination of heat judiciously applied by a heat gun and chemical stripper. The heat worked on a lot of it but I was very careful not to overheat the ensolite and even then managed to have a couple of small areas lift (but in all fairness it is 45 year old glue holding it on to the shell).
The chemical stripper was applied in small patches and not left on for long and this seemed to do the trick. I don't think the paint was holding on very well which was a good thing.
So that's it. Lot of time, heat and stripper.
Thought I'd include a pic. It honestly does look a lot better!! And now to start the real reno work