Vinyl wrap - FG Trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2015, 03:56 PM   #1

Name: Robert
Trailer: Surf-Side
Manitoba
Vinyl wrap - FG Trailer

By accident I recorded a television program about an Airstream gathering and there was a couple had a 1953 Airstream that shone brighter than a unit right from the factory . When asked about the finish on the unit the answer was that it was vinyl wrapped . Upon internet research I discovered that this is a widely available system and I was wondering if anyone had ever used this product on a FG trailer ????
Bob in Mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 06:42 AM   #2

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Casita
Connecticut
Hey Bob,
There were some photos of vinyl wrapped FG Trailers on one of the forums, I don't recall which. One trailer depicted a cottage scene complete with wooden shutters and flower boxes under the windows, there was also an animal or two. It was pretty neat and it seems your options are unlimited.
wwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:43 AM   #3

Name: Terri
Trailer: in the market
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Mb View Post
By accident I recorded a television program about an Airstream gathering and there was a couple had a 1953 Airstream that shone brighter than a unit right from the factory . When asked about the finish on the unit the answer was that it was vinyl wrapped . Upon internet research I discovered that this is a widely available system and I was wondering if anyone had ever used this product on a FG trailer ????

We heard of a fellow with a Boler for sale that had a vinyl wrap that he had purchased but not installed yet and he said it cost 1000. His was 2 tone and had carbon fiber. Price was cdn dollars.
bolerterri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:25 AM   #4

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
There was a Boler that was wrapped in Leopard skin for sale in this area a few years ago. I have not seen the trailer around since though.

It looked very much like the Boler wrapped in the Blog The Bold and BodoBoler.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:30 AM   #5

Name: Joanna
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Vinyl wrap is quite expensive, in the range of $1000 - $6000 to wrap a fb trailer (depending on the type of vinyl you use, but Keep this important factor in mind - vinyl wraps are meant for as a form of advertising - to advertise a product/company, and thus, their longevity is limited as they are mostly meant to last 1+ years on a car before being replaced by a new 'ad'. Although you can get fiberglass texture, leopard print, chrome vinyl, or other unique looks - the longevity will always be less than 5 years - and at a huge cost. It is a luxury, and a temporary look for those with deep wallets.
babittyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:57 AM   #6

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Beetle Boards Return?

Back in the air-cooled Beatle daze some of tobacco & beer companies would pay VW owners to paint their car with advertising and then, after a year, repaint it again in a color of the owners choice. Kool Cigarettes seemed to be the most popular, but all of the original pics of them seem to have disappeared? Here's a couple of links for fun:

kool cigarettes advertisement on a VW beetle - Car Talk

They really looked like this:

VW Volkswagen Beetle Vintage Kool Lights Cigarettes 9" Sticker 1970'S | eBay

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vin