Walk Thru New Bigfoot - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2018, 09:26 PM   #1

Name: Michael
Trailer: Bigfoot
Nevada
Walk Thru New Bigfoot

Hi

We are about to pickup our new Bigfoot 25 from the dealer. Does anyone have a checklist of what to ask or look for?

Thanking you in advance

Michael
Nvboatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 06:39 AM   #2

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Be sure to ask where the manuals are kept, how to run the systems on-board (elec. , propane, water, etc.), how to hook up correctly to your tow, and how to adjust your brake controller for best stopping.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:23 AM   #3

Nevada
Thanks👍
Old 02-15-2018, 07:46 AM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Wow, a brand-new BF25! Is it the FB or RQ layout? Congratulations!

In addition to a walk-through of all systems on delivery, I would recommend some local camping as a shake-down before embarking on a longer trip. A few glitches requiring possible dealer attention are not uncommon in new RV's, and the BF dealer network is pretty limited.

Enjoy!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:58 AM   #5

Nevada
It is a new 2017 25RQ. We are planning a small trip down to the area below Mt Whitney in a few weeks.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:30 AM   #6

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
congratulations

all I can say is congratulations on your fine purchase the guy we got our 13f scamper bought a new 5th wheel from them because it had 2 axles.

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:32 AM   #7

Name: juan
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvboatman View Post
It is a new 2017 25RQ. We are planning a small trip down to the area below Mt Whitney in a few weeks.
Congrats! Had to look up Mt. Whitney, looks beautiful. Safe travels and good weather throughout.
pachewheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:57 AM   #8

Name: Dan
Trailer: Bigfoot 30th Anv. 25B25FB
Washington
Congratulations on your Bigfoot purchase and welcome to the Bigfoot family. If you have not already, you may want to join the Bigfoot forum site.

Oh and you might want to have them to show you the procedure as well as the bypass valve location for when it comes time to winterize your trailer. Manual is pretty self explanatory, but I previously had a Bigfoot motor home and the valve was hidden in a different location from the manual. It was in the correct location, but on the back side of the pipe where I could not see it and thus out of site. Took awhile to figured it out. Just saying.
Wacenturion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:04 AM   #9

Name: Tony
Alberta
Registry
Congratulations! Welcome to the forum! I have been an RV technician for close to 40 years and I own a Bigfoot 25FB. Enough said? You won’t have any problems with the coach at all. Extremely well built!
Ensure your tow vehicle and trailer are properly hitched and enjoy!
What is your tow vehicle BTW?
RV Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:07 AM   #10

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Doctor View Post
Congratulations! Welcome to the forum! I have been an RV technician for close to 40 years and I own a Bigfoot 25FB. Enough said? You won’t have any problems with the coach at all. Extremely well built!
Ensure your tow vehicle and trailer are properly hitched and enjoy!
What is your tow vehicle BTW?
Also, don’t overpressure your tires. A lot of BF25 owners do. 35 psi cold. Means no sun hitting the tires and no driving when checking.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:13 AM   #11

Missouri
tire pressure

toney is this your suggestions on trailer tire pressure I have mine at 50 and I think this is waaaaay to high? I know what the suggestions are but I am going to lower mine!

bob
Old 02-15-2018, 10:19 AM   #12

Washington
Seems to be a different opinions out there on tire pressure. Most of what I have seen says just the opposite. I think 35 is way too low based on trailer weight and cargo. Needless to say I run mine much higher. JMO
Old 02-15-2018, 10:24 AM   #13

Missouri
tire pressure

our 13f scamper runs awfully rough at 50lbs no shocks you know. I know the recommdations but sometimes they can be wrong.

our scamper only weighs 1k next tire replacement going with d rated tires instead of the c rated ones scamper put on!

bob
Old 02-15-2018, 10:27 AM   #14

Alberta
Registry
Bob. I don’t know if your coach has a tire placard at the front left corner. Hopefully it has one. The new BF 25s are 35 psi as recommended by the manufacturer. It may seem low as the Goodyear Marathon is rated for 65 psi at maximum load. That’s the key. The load weight. In the case of the 25s they have four tires. Distributes the weight over four tires, not two.
If you don’t have a manufacturer’s placard with tire specs and pressures, then do this.
Find your tire manufacturer, size, and load rating. Then go to their website and locate that tire’s specs. Then load your trailer as the way you do for travel and go to an accurate weighscale. Get the weights per axle, one or two axles. Then go to the tire manufacturers website and locate your model tire. You should find an inflation table. On the inflation table you will see your weight per tire. Cross reference this on the table to your pressure. Most people waaaay over inflate. Example: when we had a Tiffin Diesel Pusher the Michelin tires used had a max load carrying weight of xxxx pounds at 110psi. This means at the maximum load the pressure was to be 110psi.
I scaled our coach and proper front pressure for our axle weight was 90psi. I tried to tell lots of owners how to properly weigh and pressure but most were stubborn saying it was waaay underpressured at 90 psi. Not my method but Michelin’s. If you don’t pressure correctly you won’t get proper tire life, and improper carrying characteristics.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:46 AM   #15

Washington
Agree.....quite simply divide that your trailer weight with cargo (hopefully verified on a scale) by the number of trailer tires. Refer a load inflation chart from the manufacturer of the tires that are on your trailer. It will give you weights and what tire pressure to run in that specific tire.

I run the new Goodyear Endurance tires and at 35 psi cold and according to the Goodyear chart they each handle 1760 lbs. at that pressure with a trailer total of 7,040 lbs. My trailer with cargo is right at 6700 lbs if I recall. I would have to look at my scale ticket.

Will that tire pressure be adequate....yes. However it is close to my total weight. Thus I choose to run higher than that. Ride is also important. Mine tows like a dream at my inflation rate. I also run tire monitors on the trailer as well as my tow vehicle.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:32 AM   #16

Missouri
tire pressure

I wish I could get ahold of the previous owner of our 13f he worked for a large tractor implelent manufacture in Iowa. he extended the tongue on the 13f by 2ft I didn't like it at first but it makes trailering and moving so much easier.

I am going to drop my pressure down to 40 and see how it reacts let me tell you with 50 it rattles a lot no shocks you know.

we will see if jon or Floyd comes in here!!

thanks

bob
Old 02-15-2018, 02:03 PM   #17

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Welcome to the Bigfoot family! Your model was what I was looking at when I found someone discussing a Bigfoot Silver Cloud on this forum, and we ended up buying it. I like a separate bedroom. I really would have liked a combination of the two 25' models, with the kitchen far away from the bedroom and a separate bedroom, but they do not make that model. Our Bigfoot Silver Cloud seems to work though. I can get up and make coffee without awakening Kevin, and use the computer in the livingroom. When we want to watch TV, we each have our own area if we don't want to watch the same thing. Yes, we like to have it nice when camping. Less camping than pulling our own hotel room

You might want to join the Bigfoot owners club. If you have questions, they will often have answers on their forum. You are close enough to attend their rallies too. We have to wait until I retire.

CindyL
Old 02-15-2018, 05:06 PM   #18

Nevada
2018 Tundra limited with 5.7 and tow package
Old 02-15-2018, 08:26 PM   #19

Name: John
Trailer: Escape
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvboatman View Post
2018 Tundra limited with 5.7 and tow package
whats your payload on this truck?
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:32 PM   #20

Alberta
Registry
Nvboatman. I will be interested to hear your impressions of the Tundra towing the BF25. Please let us all know. A lot are interested in the Tundra but a lot have gone to 3/4 ton trucks. Thanks in advance! Tony

Tags
bigfoot