wall covering on trillium - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2008, 07:55 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Trillium
Hi all, im new on here, so hopefully im in the right spot to post this.
I have a 72 trillium 13 ft, the foamy wall covering on the wall looks a bit scadgy. does any one know where I could get some new stuff, preferably in british columbia, and I also need some of the plastic trim that clips in between the joints,
Lee Trenholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:14 PM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
Hi all, im new on here, so hopefully im in the right spot to post this.
I have a 72 trillium 13 ft, the foamy wall covering on the wall looks a bit scadgy. does any one know where I could get some new stuff, preferably in british columbia, and I also need some of the plastic trim that clips in between the joints,

Define scadgy.

If it's not painted or damaged, household cleaner with bleach does wonders on dirty ensolite, and shrunk/puckered trim can be re-stretched in hot water. Ensolite that is peeling off can be re-attached with contact cement, and can also be painted with proper preparation and the right choice of paint.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:20 PM   #3

Quote:

Define scadgy.

If it's not painted or damaged, household cleaner with bleach does wonders on dirty ensolite, and shrunk/puckered trim can be re-stretched in hot water. Ensolite that is peeling off can be re-attached with contact cement, and can also be painted with proper preparation and the right choice of paint.
some parts have small tares and some parts are wrinkley, not real bad but enough it needs some fixing, iffin I can I might go out an take a picture and see iff I can post it on here

Old 05-05-2008, 09:36 PM   #4

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Lee ...from a fellow T lover from another (yet Canadian) site, http://www.canadianrodder.com ...!!!

Your query about the inner linings of a Trillium sorta have me stumped.

Sagging fabric can usually be reglued with an injection of whatever sort of adhesive stuff appeals to you and that can be injected into the 'bulge', and flattened out by hand and loose dangly pieces may need to be amputated, LOL at their roots, leaving a rather unsightly mess. There is also a way to use chalk as a conceiler. There IS an earlier 'pre-hack' thread on these seam hiding strips but I can NEVER find'm, relying most often on fellow lady rodder Donna to direct to the appropriate thread. DONNA, can you work your magic once again and come up with the thread(s) on seam joiners (the plastic paneling strips, PLEASE???
Attached Thumbnails
T9.jpg  
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Lee ...from a fellow T lover from another (yet Canadian) site, http://www.canadianrodder.com ...!!!

Your query about the inner linings of a Trillium sorta have me stumped.

Sagging fabric can usually be reglued with an injection of whatever sort of adhesive stuff appeals to you and that can be injected into the 'bulge', and flattened out by hand and loose dangly pieces may need to be amputated, LOL at their roots, leaving a rather unsightly mess. There is also a way to use chalk as a conceiler. There IS an earlier 'pre-hack' thread on these seam hiding strips but I can NEVER find'm, relying most often on fellow lady rodder Donna to direct to the appropriate thread. DONNA, can you work your magic once again and come up with the thread(s) on seam joiners (the plastic paneling strips, PLEASE???
thanks doug. one more question for ya iffin I could, I have a 102 wheel base on my model t. what is your wheel base on yours and do you find yer trillium pushes you around at all
Old 05-05-2008, 10:11 PM   #6

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Wow Doug, that's a lot of pressure to put on Donna =)

Daniel V. posted a great description on how to repair Ensolite.

Cheers!
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:32 PM   #7

Registry
Lee, it goes something like this.... with the T
Attached Thumbnails
T_and_Emperor_Trailer___Washington_Pass.jpg  
Old 05-05-2008, 10:34 PM   #8

Registry
and like THIS with the Plymouth....the frame under my T was never built/designed to haul the weight of the Trillium.... see another post below
Attached Thumbnails
Copy_of_DSCF1230.jpg  
Old 05-05-2008, 10:38 PM   #9

Registry
but IF you planned ahead, your T could pull something like THIS IF the trailer had electric brakes. Another rod buddy from the BCHRA DOES tow a Boler with a 27 T roadster turtle deck though...
The pic added here shows a Shay replica that towes a 17ft Escape (made in Chilliwack). The Shay is a pinto powered 4 banger with auto tranny, but the frame is BUILT to haul the weight of the Escape!!
Attached Thumbnails
Shay_Replica.jpg  
Old 05-05-2008, 11:07 PM   #10

Name:   IMG_0909__WinCE_.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  11.9 KB
I have a after market mcclanders frame and it looks pretty scookum, all boxed, and a 302 to pull it. I guess I will find out soon enough aye hahaha .I weighed it on the government scales last night and I was surprised it was onlly 320 kgs or 705 pounds hell thats only three fat guys like myself hahaha
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0909__Medium_.jpg  
Old 05-05-2008, 11:16 PM   #11

this is the ugly on my wall, and yer right Doug its easyier to post pics on here than anywhere ive been
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0910__Large_.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	13054
Old 05-06-2008, 06:37 AM   #12

Quote:
I also need some of the plastic trim that clips in between the joints,
The plastic strips are available at hardward stores. I didn't buy any, but the prior owner of our Trillium said he bought it at Home Depot.

Those tears are rather big, I'll have to think on that.
brendadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:40 AM   #13

Quote:
this is the ugly on my wall
Is it localized or in many spots? It could be improved, but ultimately depends on how much work you want to put into fixing it. I doubt you'll find new ensolite like the old one, unless you pull it off another area in your trailer (or someone else's ).

Or...... you could just hang your hat over it.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:25 AM   #14

Quote:
Is it localized or in many spots? It could be improved, but ultimately depends on how much work you want to put into fixing it. I doubt you'll find new ensolite like the old one, unless you pull it off another area in your trailer (or someone else's ).

Or...... you could just hang your hat over it.
there is a couple of other little spots but that is the worst by far, sounds like maybe I will have to just patch it up the best I can, and just live with it
Old 05-06-2008, 11:35 AM   #15

Quote:
there is a couple of other little spots but that is the worst by far, sounds like maybe I will have to just patch it up the best I can, and just live with it
Depending on where it is, you could also put something useful there, like one of those small fire extinguishers.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:23 PM   #16

Quote:
this is the ugly on my wall,
Okay, so here is a thought, I have seen at stores (like Canadian Tire) a product that is a liquid vinyl repair, for repairing torn car seats etc. Since the ensolite covering is a vinyl of sorts, you could use the repair liquid to close the tear/hole.
brendadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:30 PM   #17

Registry
Lee, it REALLY looks like you've got it all!!

A Hot-Rod T with Mcclanders frame, an interest in Glass Eggs AND a Ford lover to boot!!!
....doesn't get much finer than THAT!!
Attached Thumbnails
ooooooh_NOOO_.jpg  
Old 05-06-2008, 06:49 PM   #18

they both still need a little loveing ,but were workin on it. and hopefully they will both see the bonneville salt flats this summer
Old 05-07-2008, 02:22 AM   #19

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft / Chevy Astrovan
For your rippied ensolite spots, you might be able to glue down any loose bits, and then put some caulking in the cracks, stippling it with a wet paper towell. Some folks have removed all the interior trim coveriing the ensolite seams, caulked, and then painted, with very nice results,
Connie M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:46 AM   #20

thats a good Idea Connie, I think i will try the glue and caulking Idea

Tags
trillium