Want to sell 1988 Big Foot 19' Gaucho Model - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2020, 10:12 AM   #1

Name: Ardith
Trailer: BIGFOOT
Washington
Want to sell 1988 Big Foot 19' Gaucho Model

I have had this trailer for a year and have not used it. It's wonderful and I love it, but too many Life issues are in the way of enjoying camping (or going anywhere, really!). It's in great shape, from what I know of it. I bought the kit to empty the black water, I had the power converter rebuilt and bought solar panels for it. You can see by the unused supplies inside that that is where we left off.

I have not hooked it up to water or used the bathroom. The fridge is propane or electricity and does not work. I have not tried to use it it but I asked a friend to try to get it running. Some of the windows no longer have their pulls. The blinds are there but I removed some of them. I was going to replace them with curtains. There is a bit of mold from power being off on the front window ledge that should clean up nicely as it was redone in wood. Floors have been redone in wood. The whole chassis was redone for travel over rough terrain.

I would like your educated opinions on what this might be worth. I can't just let it sit here and go unused and really need to sell it.

Thanks for any input.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC03394.jpg   DSC03395.jpg  

DSC03399.jpg   DSC03403.jpg  

Ardith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 11:58 AM   #2

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
It looks really nice.

You'll find a buyer regardless, but for anyone with experience, anytime anyone says "I never used x appliance but I was told it works", that means it does not work.

These tend to sell for between $5,000 - $15,000, depending on the condition. If things don't work and/or there's mold, the price starts falling toward the lower end of that range.

This website is a great place to post it for sale, but also to see what similar trailers are going for, or have sold for. There are tabs for US, Canada, and trailers which have sold in the past. You'll be able to find some 19' trailers to compare.

I love those 19' Bigfoots, by the way. If I had a bigger truck, I'd be interested.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:40 PM   #3

Washington
Wow you are absolutely right. I wonder if I can edit that post? YEP and thank you so much. I may tackle that bit of mold and do a quick refinish.
Old 08-10-2020, 02:44 PM   #4

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
Don't you see "Edit" button under your original post?
Old 08-10-2020, 02:45 PM   #5

Washington
Yes, I managed to edit that post and thank you again for your thoughts, it helped immensely
Old 08-10-2020, 04:43 PM   #6

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
You will get the best price if you can put some time into doing minor clean up, and possibly reinstall the blinds so the camper has a finished look. And if you don't know if the appliances work, then you would be selling it with appliances 'as is' unknown condition. But minimally clean up the insides and wash up the trailer then list it.
Bigfoots are nice campers. I don't think you will have much problem selling it.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:59 PM   #7

Washington
Thank you for your input, I think you are right and I need to work on it a little bit!
Old 08-11-2020, 12:14 PM   #8

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
Bigfoot

Just a footnote I believe that is actually a 17 foot gaucho . Looks exactly like a Bigfoot 17 foot gaucho that wife and I once owned . Lee and Norma
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 12:15 PM   #9

Washington
Then I should measure it. Title says 19/8 so I thought...yeah I'll measure it.
Thank you for your input!
Old 08-11-2020, 12:15 PM   #10

Montana
It's a 19'.

Longer wheel wells (almost makes me think it was originally a tandem axle setup and someone removed an axle??), no back window. 19'.
Old 08-11-2020, 12:21 PM   #11

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Want to sell 1988 Big Foot 19' Gaucho Model

I’m curious about the suspension. Is that stock or has it been modified? I thought most of the B19’s I’d seen were tandem axle, and the fender arch looks like it’s wide enough for tandems. The springs appear overloaded, and shocks are pretty unusual on trailers of this size.

And I see our posts crossed, Zach. Thinking along the same lines...
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 12:26 PM   #12

Montana
Yeah it must be part of this- "The whole chassis was redone for travel over rough terrain."

And yes those leaf springs are flat, almost have a negative arch. Someone "flipped" the axle, added shocks, and may well have removed an axle.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:02 PM   #13

Name: Allen
Trailer: in the market
Quebec
I wish to thank Ardith for posting this one & all those great responders because without them this would not exist.
When I first saw the side view of this camper I thought great Idea a hinged fender, never thinking "tandem".
Learning so much great stuff on here on numerous subjects. It is a wonderful education.
One day I may just get to use some of it , thanks again all who make this site a wonderful as it is !
thekas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 11:34 AM   #14

Name: Brad
Trailer: Interested
Montana
There are several sites you could post this for sale and also you could try craigslist.If you want to know those sites you can just ask and I will help.Owning this for a year and then selling is of course a red flag for buyers.Would you say what you paid for it? That may be reflective on what you should do or ask unless you got it as a gift.You may want to get out what you paid?
Montana Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 12:40 PM   #15

Name: Eddie
Trailer: 1989 Casita 16 footer
Tennessee
Where are you located,how much are you asking?
Eddie B.
Eddie B. is offline   Reply With Quote